"Sunny Nærøyfjord" Gudvangen by gubbi1
Gudvangen Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 78 photos
One of the few really sunny periodes on my trip through the Southern half of Norway happend to be during the ferry ride through the Nærøyfjord. I had put a larger detour (good idea as I saw lots of nice places) into my trip to reach Kaupanger from where a car ferry runs through the beautiful fjord.
The ferry from Kaupanger to Gudvagen is operated by Fjord1 and runs through an UNESCO World Heritage. Since 2005 the Nærøyfjord is registered on this list together with the Geirangerfjord as the West Norwegian Fjords because of their scenically outstanding beauty and the side effects on marine and land fauna and flora.
For me the ride on the ferry was one of the best parts of my trip. The air was so clear and with the sun shining on the mountains they almost appeared to be unreal. But just to let you know, this beautiful ferry ride is known to many people, which causes the ferry to be quite loaded and crowded on deck, but if there is a slight chilly wind, this arranges it by itself. Just bring a jacket with you, so you can stay there. In any case the trip is fantastic as you will see the mountains way up above you.
Something nice is that seagulls come to the ferry and might fly beside you in the same speed. That gives ideal possibilities to take great photo shots.
On the ferry trip along the Nærøyfjord seagulls will join the ride. It seems that they expect peole to feed them, so... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Gudvangen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Gudvangen"
- "Sunny Nærøyfjord"
- "A tiny but lovely village"
- "Enroute to Gudvangen"
- "GUDVANGEN..AND NEAR...NORWAY."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gudvangen
- 2 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Gudvangen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gudvangen
Photos in GudvangenSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues