"Borgund Stave Church and Historic Route" Lærdalsøyri by gubbi1
Lærdalsøyri Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
A rather short stop I did in Borgund. Here you will find a museum and the famous Stave Church. Please have a look at the page of Wikipedia about the Stave Church. I had seen several Stave Churches before, so I decided to shorten my stay with just some photos from the outside. My plan was to do a hike a little further of my trip and as weather was said to become unstable I prefered to do this instead.
This church stands beside the Stave Church of Borgund.
The road between Laerdal and Borgund leads through two tunnels which cut short the old road that had to go around the mountains. Nowadays this old road is developed touristic as the Historic Road. There are signs at several points that tell you about the history of the places. One place that I looked at was the memorial about the first tourist who came by car to Norway. It was a Dutch man who drove the road between Kritiania and Laerdal on the first August in 1901. Kind of funny...
gubbi1's Related Pages
Lærdalsøyri Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lærdalsøyri
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lærdalsøyri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lærdalsøyri
Photos in LærdalsøyriSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues