"Hike to Waterfalls of Utladalen" Øvre-Årdal by gubbi1

Øvre-Årdal Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 28 photos

In a travelbook that I was reading at the beginning of my trip mentioned a walk or hike in the Utladalen that connected several beautiful and large waterfalls. This I really wanted to do so I made my way up to the entrance of the Utladalen in Hjelle. Here you can park your car (take the big parking not the rondel at the end of the road) and start your hike. It is not just the waterfalls that are impressive, but also the rest of the way. You will have a fantastic landscape around you and at several places you will see signs that tell you of the geology of the valley and about the life of people who lived here.
On my hike I had some doubts with the weather to reach the last waterfall. I returned just before the Vetti Farm Hikers Lodge. It would have been one more hour to hike for the third of the three falls. Also I had parked in the rondell and was not sure if someone would fine me.

Anyway I saw two of the falls. All three have properties assigned to them:
-Hjellefossen:
'The one easiest to approach.'
You will be quite close to the fall. It is already at the road, so you can come to see it by car.

-Avdalsfossen:
'The most beautiful.'
Large and well visible over the valley. Located very beautiful.

-Vettisfossen:
'The most famous.'
Unfortunately I did not see it.

The hike, until I returned, follows the river, which carries quite an amount of water. You will cross it twice over bridges. At the beginning the path goes up and down, but later it becomes more steep, but everywhere it is well walkable.

• Last visit to Øvre-Årdal: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 14, 2012

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Øvre-Årdal

Have you been to Øvre-Årdal?

Latest Activity in Øvre-Årdal