"Camping, Ironage Cemetary and Stave Church" Røldal by gubbi1
Røldal Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 22 photos
At some point of my roadtrip through the Southern Norway I was looking for a good place to camp. I decided to have a look at the Seim Camping in Røldal. It turned out to be a good decision, not just because the camping area is large and clean and the landscape beautiful, but there is quite much cultural beauty aswell. First thing that I noticed when checking into the camping was an info about a Stave Church in Røldal. Sure I had to check this out later. Before I set up my tent at a side of the camping area and found that an iron age cemetray was just beside. It is open for public with some information boards. So after some food I had a look at it.
Then I decided to pay a visit to the Stave Church. Leaving the camping I found a hut standing open and inviting people to have a look inside. It is a museum about the archeological findings in the area and in particular on the cemetary. Also it shows some old pagan carvings found in the hut. So I got stuck here some time, but as summer days are long in the north I could continue my walk to the Stave Church even at half past ten in the evening. Of course at that time the church was closed, but I could take some photos and was glad to have found my way to Seim Camping in Røldal.
On the photo you can see the ironage cemetary. It is practically just five meters away from the camping. But don't worry, I have not seen any ghost during my stay, instead I was sleeping really well.
The camping is not in the center of Røldal, but just a walk of five minutes away. I took a photo towards Røldal on my walk to the Stave Church. In case you think, that the photo looks a little dark, then I should add that it was taken at 22:45... ;)
gubbi1's Related Pages
Røldal Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Røldal
- 0 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Røldal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Røldal
Photos in RøldalSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues