"Ure - An improvised hike" Sennesvik by gubbi1

Sennesvik Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 40 photos

From Ure, which is located just south of Sennesvik, I started off for a hike around a mountain. On the map the path looked pretty flat and good accessible, but at that time I did not yet know that hiking on Lofoten can pretty easy force you to improvise. So I parked half a kilometer before the end of the road, packed my stuff and followed the rest of the road by foot. In Ure at the end of the road I had to head right up the hill. Here the path is still pretty visible as a very rough drive way. Once you reach the plateau you should take care not to loose the path. It is pretty wet here. Preferably you keep on the left side and follow the path along the foot of the mountain. I walked on the right side of the swamp and had some problems at the beginning to find my way. Once you reach the end of the swamp you will arrive on top of a pretty impressing cliff from where you will have a very beautiful view over the ocean towards the outer tip of the Lofoten islands. I had a longer break here to dry my feet, resp. socks. According to the map I normally should have taken the path towards the left around the mountain along the coastline, but standing here now and having a look at the path, which was hardly to see, I decided to hike to the right a bit up the hill. The map showed that there must be a lake.
It took just a little effort to reach it, so I decided to hike further up to have a better view over the landscape. There was even some snow left. No to risk much I did not try to reach higher (it was pretty high already), so I stopped here for some time to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Then I slowly started my descent and followed the above proposed way back towards the car.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery!
  • Last visit to Sennesvik: Dec 2007
  • Intro Written Sep 20, 2008

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Sennesvik

Have you been to Sennesvik?

Latest Activity in Sennesvik