"Stamsund - My main base in the Lofoten center" Stamsund by gubbi1
Stamsund Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 52 photos
During my preparation of my trip I found that hotels on the Lofoten were pretty expensive and would bring my planned budget to collapse. So I decided to have a look at the possible Youth hostels. My plan was to find a base somewhere in the middle of the Lofoten chain and then to stay in A, which is almost on the outer tip of the islands. This way I hoped to be able to see most of the Lofoten with a minimum of wasted time for driving. Stamsund seemed to be a great location so I reserved my nights here. When arriving I was positive surprised as the Youth Hostel was located directly at the water in a fishing house. It had a great atmosphere and the people here were all really nice. I found a great spot on the Lofoten.
Stamsund is a rather calm town, but gets busy when the Hurtigruten boat arrives. There are just two stops on the Lofoten, Stamsund is one of them.
It is recommendable to have seen at least once when the boat approaches and turns around in the rather narrow harbour.
In Stamsund you will find some fish industry, canning fish for the export.
The Hurtigruten ship is approaching the Stamsund harbour.
See live which will be the next one and where the others are...
This is the Youth Hostel. Believe me, you will relax!
- Pros:Calm nice town, good location, nice YH!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Stamsund Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The port to the Lofoten Islands"
- "Stamsund - laidback beauty"
- "Living in a fishing village"
- "Stamsund - My main base in the Lofoten center"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Stamsund
- 0 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Stamsund?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stamsund
Photos in StamsundSee All Photos (44)
Videos in StamsundSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues