"Eketorp - A living Viking Fortress" Eketorp by gubbi1
Eketorp Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 15 photos
During my travel around the beautiful Öland island I found a flyer telling about the reconstructed Viking fortress in Eketorp. First I thought it is only a place for kids to play Viking, but decided anyway to pass by to have a look. Glad I did, cause it is an interesting place. The fortress has been rebuilt exactly as the foundations which were discovered here. There are several activities where kids can for example shoot arrows, but there is also a museum showing the development of the settling as well as things that were found here. In the fortress animals like chicken and pigs walk around.
For an insight into the history of the place I recommend the links:
Wikipedia about Eketorp (English)
Official page about Eketorp fortress (Swedish only)
- Pros:Interesting place with living history
gubbi1's Related Pages
Eketorp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Eketorps borg (The Fortress of Eketorp)"
- "Eketorp - A living Viking Fortress"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eketorp
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Eketorp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eketorp
Photos in EketorpSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues