"Skärgaarden - A daytrip" Styrsö by gubbi1

Styrsö Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 27 photos

Today I made a 'Must-Do'-thing when being in Göteborg: A trip to the southern Skärgaarden. This is a group of islands out the coast of Gothenborg. The amount of islands is, I think, uncountable, but just a handfull have little villages on them. The one I chose was Styrsö, as I was not here to take a bath, but rather to have a walk through a nice village opening views onto the water.

Connection to the islands from the center of Gothenborg is absolutely perfect. Take tram #11 to Saltholmen and use the boats with no extra charge (as long as you enter the boat less than 1.5 hours after you started the trip). A oneway ticket therefore costs just 20 Skr if you do not use a pointcard.

On the boats you will find a cafe in the upper floor. I prefered to go outside there in the back to take photos as there are lots of birds around.

On the ferry passing the Köpstadsö I took this photo. First I was a little surprised, but than I remembered, that there are no cars allowed (of course excluded the emergency and post etc.). So these are the vehicles to get the shopping home.

Somewhere on the island I took this foto, I had sometimes the feeling that time was standing.

• Pros:Perfect connection from Göteborg
  • Cons:Don't know...
  • In a nutshell:Pure relaxing, in winter and summer!
  • Last visit to Styrsö: Mar 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 14, 2005

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Styrsö