"Chapel Santa Brita and Kappelludens Lighthouse" Tjusby by gubbi1
Tjusby Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Are you looking for a remote place with a very interesting atmosphere, but still offering some historic feeling? I think Chapel Santa Brita and Kappelludens Lighthouse will be a good example.
Just east of Borgholm north east of Tjusby you will find this place at the coast. On my drive I just followed the signs and landed here without any idea what there is to see. It was early evening and with the special light I was very much impressed of this place.
It is hard to belive that this place once was a busy lively trading post called Sikavarp. The chapel was build in the 1200 century. It is not known who the patron saint was for this chapel at the beginning, but according a legend, the body of Santa Birgitta was brought to Sweden via Sikavarp after she died in 1373 in Rome. It could be that she gave the todays name to the chapel.
Kappelludens Lighthouse was built in 1871. The architect was T. Gellerstedt. After producing the parts in Helsingborg they were brought here in pieces and the lighthouse was set up on its todays place.
- Pros:Very nice and calm place!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Tjusby Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tjusby
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Tjusby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tjusby
Photos in TjusbySee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues