"Premeet of the Euromeet 2012" Molveno by gubbi1

Molveno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 147 photos

There were several nice premeets before the big Euromeet 2012 in Bergamo. One of them was taking place in Molveno beautifully located at the Lake Molveno in the mountains above Trento. Here I decided to stay for the meeting for two nights on my roadtrip to Bergamo. The hotel that I booked was the Alpotel Venezia, but the morning I started my trip I got a call that there were problems with the water system in the hotel and that it would be closed for some days. The hotel had organized everything for me already so that I had a room booked in the Hotel Lido. So I have to give compliments about the organisation of Alpotel Venezia, everything went very smooth and I could enjoy my stay.

After arriving in Molveno following a curvy drive up the mountains it was time to have a look at this place. The town is not large, but has a cosy center. Everything is close to the lake and the town has a relative large choice of hotels. During our stay there were not many people here, but I guess it was not yet the high season. After some food in a restaurant and exploring the nightly Molveno it was time to sleep for me. I was glad to hit the bed after the drive.

The next day I picked up the second part of our four-person-group (ritaz and rusket) from Trento. They decided to do some hiking in the mountains, but Kathrin_E and me favored to made a hike around the lake (about 10 km). With the temperatures it was enough for me as I had not been moving much before the trip. The hike is splendid with beautiful views on the high peaks that are part of the Nature Park Brenta Adamello. Also the colors of the lake are stunning. Taking the time for the hike the afternoon was almost over when we returned to Molveno to meet the others. Alltogether we had a nice dinner in a restaurant close to the lake. Afterwards we spent some time in the bar of the Hotel Lido, then it was time for me to sleep again for the drive to Bergamo, which in some parts became quite challenging when crossing the mountains. The nice meeting was over and everyone was now focusing on the great meet in Bergamo.

.... More to come for Molveno... this page is still under construction...

• Last visit to Molveno: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2012

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Molveno

Have you been to Molveno?

Latest Activity in Molveno