"Serpentines, Sundown and Ruins" `Ir Ovot by gubbi1
`Ir Ovot Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 16 photos
Coming back from Ein Avdat and the burial site of Ben Gurion I still had time and decided to make a detour through the small makhtesh (small crater) where I had been with Martin S. before. The desert area is an extremely beautiful place to me and I couldn't get enough to explore it a little more. On my way inside the makhtesh I decided to take a road that lead into an area that I haven't been to with Martin and so I drove the road 227 which should bring me down towards the Dead Sea. I estimated that it would work out with the timing for the darkness so that I would be on the main street. Road 227 is a tiny desert road not frequented very much. At some point the ground drops deep down into the valley that hosts the Dead Sea.
Here I arrived with the sundown which gave excellent colors to the sky. After a longer photo stop I decided to go on. Now the best part from the viewpoint of driving was ahead of me. The street turned into a huge serpentine. Fortunately I am not afraid of this kind of roads as I live by the mountains and therefore know how to take them. Still without protecting rails and noone around it is a spectacular ride.
Once down it is not far anymore to Ir Ovot where you come to the main road connecting Israels northeast with Eilat in the very south. But keep you eyes open to the right. Just after the serpentines you will see some ancient ruins. I could not yet figure out what kind of remains these are, but will add it here once I did so.
gubbi1's Related Pages
`Ir Ovot Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in `Ir Ovot
- 0 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to `Ir Ovot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Ir Ovot
Photos in `Ir OvotSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues