"Ein Gedi --- The spring Gedi" `En Gedi by gubbi1
`En Gedi Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 328 photos
Ein Gedi is a very inviting desert Oasis. Translated the word 'Ein' or 'En' stands for 'spring'. Here water appears in the middle of the desert and runs through a deep Wadi towards the Dead Sea. In the National Park you can make different hikes of which some are easy and some are quite demanding. Around the Park these hikes lead you to outlooks, waterfalls and historical sites. Once you arrive at the park you will need to pay the entrance fee at the cashier (or get a stamp on your 'several-day ticket'). Here you will receive a flyer with a map containing all the hiking trails and a very good overview of the wildlife and flora in the park. You will be surprised what kind of animals roam the park. There are wolves, hyenas, leopards, foxes, ibex, hyrax and many more. Most likely you will see the hyrax and ibex as there are many around. The predators are mostly very rare and often hunt during the night. So no worries.
My visit to Ein Gedi was pretty late during the afternoon after visiting Masada and the Botanical Garden, so I went for a rather short hike in Wadi David to the David's Fall. It is a beautiful hike along the small creek. Looking around and seeing the trail leading up out of the Wadi into the beautiful mountainous landscape calls for more, so my plan is to come back here to do a larger hike and also to visit the archeological sites.
Check my travelogue showing impressions of the hike...
You will be surprised to see so many animals roaming the area and not being disturbed by the visitors. I saw many Hyrax... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
`En Gedi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ein Gedi: Oasis by the Dead Sea"
- "En Gedi"
- "An Oasis in the Desert"
- "Desert - Dead Sea"
- "sandravdp's Engedi Page"
- "Ein Gedi (Nahal David), and Nahal Arugot"
- See All...
- Things to Do in `En Gedi
- Hotels in `En Gedi
- Transportation in `En Gedi
- Nightlife in `En Gedi
- Restaurants in `En Gedi
- Shopping in `En Gedi
- Warnings and Dangers in `En Gedi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in `En Gedi
- 3 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to `En Gedi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `En Gedi
Photos in `En GediSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues