"Mamshit National Park --- A world heritage" Horbat Mamshit by gubbi1
Horbat Mamshit Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 59 photos
Before coming to Israel my 'investigations' made clear that I will have to visit the Mamshit National Park, which is one of the four desert towns in the country (together with Avdat, Shivta and Haluza) put on the list of world heritages by the UNESCO. These towns were located along the incense route, a trade route linking the region of the Yemen and Oman with the Mediteranean.
In Mamshit you can walk through the ruins of this ancient town. If you have a nice day and there are not many tourists the atmosphere is really amazing. You will walk through the ancient streets, have a look at the remains of the many buildings and discover many small details. When entering the park you will get a flyer handed out, that shows you a city map of the ancient Mamshit and it proposes a roundwalk on which you will pass by the main sites in town. Unfortunately I could only get one in hebrew, but still it helps you to navigate through this large park.
For a detailed description of the world heritage have a look at Nabatean cities on the UNESCO webpage. ---> click here
For details on the Mamshit National Park have a look on the official webpage of the Parks authorities of Israel. ---> click here
- Pros:Very interesting place
Walking through the ancient town of Mamshit you probably will think that everything has this similar color and that the... more travel advice
On the backside of the National Park, seen from the parking, there is a huge valley (or Wadi as it is called here). You... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Horbat Mamshit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mamshit National Park --- A world heritage"
- "Mamshit - Nabatean crossroads"
- "One of Nabatean Settlements in the Negev"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Horbat Mamshit
- 8 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Horbat Mamshit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Horbat Mamshit
Photos in Horbat MamshitSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues