"Tel Arad --- The ancient Arad" Tel `Arad by gubbi1
Tel `Arad Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 33 photos
Just a few kilometers outside of the new Arad towards Beersheba you can see archeological structures on a hill north of the street. These are the remainings of the ancient Arad and nowadays one of the many National Parks of Israel.
According to BibelPlaces.com Arad had its most important times in the Early Bronze period (3000-2300 B.C.) due to the coppar mining in the Sinai and the bitumen production at the Dead Sea.
Most important structures here are the huge border fortress and the Arad house.
The border fortress was built to protect the city against nomadic people of which some were making trouble. It is known that the fortress was destroyed at least once during attacks.
The Arad House is a very typical architectural form of houses that are found throughout the region, but mostly here in Arad.
From the ruins of the ancient Arad you have a splendid view over the region.
-> Get to modern Arad here...
- Pros:Interesting place!
gubbi1's Related Pages
Tel `Arad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tel Arad, close to home, flowers and antiquities"
- "Tel Arad --- The ancient Arad"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel `Arad
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tel `Arad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel `Arad
Photos in Tel `AradSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues