"Artists and History" Top 5 Page for this destination Zefat by gubbi1
Zefat Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 112 photos
During my planning of my Israel trip I came across the town of Zefat as a town with a nice old town in which artists have found a place. Also Zefat is one of the holy towns for Jews and like (almost all) cities here seen many rulers come and go.
If you come here, have a look at the artist quarter which is calm and pretty. Several small streets with narrow passages invite for a walk. Several plates mark houses in which painters have lived.
For an older history you can visit the citadel on a hill in downtown. Not much is left, but the ruins give you an idea on what once stood here. As a contrast you will come across a quite young history from the times that Israel faught for independence. If you pass the former police building you will notice many bullet holes in the facade. These have remained form that war. Also several plates commemorate fighters who have lost their lives back then.
- Pros:Nice town
On the hill of the citadel you will find the memorial for the Defenders of Zefat during the Independance War in 1948. more travel advice
A hand holding a burning torch above the two peaks of Mount meron is the emblem of the 'Meginei Tzfat', the Zefat... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Zefat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists and History"
- "Safed: Home of the Kabbalah"
- "Zefat - The Capital of the Galilee"
- "Like visiting into a painting"
- "a holy city in israel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zefat
- Restaurants in Zefat
- Shopping in Zefat
- Warnings and Dangers in Zefat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zefat
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Zefat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zefat
Photos in ZefatSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues