"Fairytale King Ludwig II's castle" Schloß Linderhof by gubbi1
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 309 photos
Like Neuschwanstein also the beautiful castle Linderhof was planned by King Ludwig the second. Both, the castle and the garden can be visited. While the castle building and the grotto (both with guided tour) need to be paid, the garden and the other buildings in it are free to be visited.
Coming to the castle area you need to purchase a ticket already at the entrance to the park, not at the castle or Grotto itself in case you plan a guided tour to one of them!
My plan for the time at Linderhof were to have a look at the castle from outside and the park. I had plans to continue my trip pretty soon and therefore avoided the queue at the castle. Anyway, you should take the tour through the castle. It looks really pretty.
For a little history and some information on the castle have a look at the official page from the Bavarian Palace Department of the State of Bavaria. It is also availabe in English and very helpful regarding information on ongoing restauration work.
Beside the castle building there are several more interesting buildings in the park. Free of charge as part of the park you should have a look at the Moorish Kiosk, which located 300 meters further of the Grotto...
... and the Moroccan House located pretty close to the entrance above the pond. Both buildings were open the day I was in the park, but it was only possible to look through a glass door. At the Moorish Kiosk a curtain in the door allowed a great look into the house providing a colorful light through the colored windows. Have a look at the travelogue!
- Pros:Excellent located castle
gubbi1's Related Pages
Schloß Linderhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our third Ludwig's Castle"
- "weekend at Schloss Linderhof"
- "Call it "Bomboniera""
- "The home of a solitary king"
- "Just missed a great Castle here!"
- "GOLD AND MORE GOLD - SCHLOSS LINDERHOF"
- "Schloss Linderhof"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schloß Linderhof
- Transportation in Schloß Linderhof
- Restaurants in Schloß Linderhof
- Shopping in Schloß Linderhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Schloß Linderhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schloß Linderhof
- 0 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Schloß Linderhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schloß Linderhof
Photos in Schloß LinderhofSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues