"Ansbach --- A detour from the Romantic Road" Ansbach by gubbi1
Ansbach Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Driving back home along the Romantic Road I decided to make a detour to the town of Ansbach. I have never been here and as it often happend that people mixed up the name of the town where I grew up with this city, I was curious about it. Also I knew that much of the live of Caspar Hauser took place here in Ansbach. He still is a mystery in the German history. Have a look at the extensive page on wikipedia about Kaspar Hauser. In Ansbach Kaspar Hauser was stabbed with a knive in the castles park close to the Orangerie. He died from the injuries. At the place where it happend you will find a monument commemorating Kaspar Hauser.
At the tourist office in downtown you can get a flyer for an audio guide. The flyer helps you to find the interesting spots using the map inside with numbers on the sights. You can call certain numbers over your mobile phone to hear information about the sights. I didn't do this, but used the map to define my round walk.
In Ansbach I found two nice churches, St. Gumbertus Church with the largest baroque organ of Franconia, and St. Ludwig Church, which is fitting very well into its surrounding buildings.
When walking around keep your eyes open for several beautiful fountains which were still protected for winter during my day in Ansbach. But the beautiful artwork was visible. Check my tip about it.
Close by the Orangerie (a few meters on the right from the point where I stood taking the photo) at the place where Kaspar Hauser got attacked you will find the monument commemorating this event. It is one of several places in Ansbach refering to Kaspar Hauser.
- Pros:Interesting town, good for a short stop.
The monument of Kaspar Hauser shows the scene when he first showed up in the streets of Nuremberg holding a note in his... more travel advice
The monument found in the Hofgarten close to the Orangerie is dedicated to Johann Peter Uz. He was poet and official of... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Ansbach Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ansbach
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ansbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ansbach
Photos in AnsbachSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues