"Small Fugger-Town of Babenhausen" Babenhausen by gubbi1
Babenhausen Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 17 photos
Babenhausen is dominated by its Fugger Castle, a castle that still belongs to the Fugger family. The Fuggers are a merchant dynastie that is strongly connected to the city of Augsburg, which they owned for some extend. Here in Babenhausen a Fugger Museum presents this family. It is located in the castle, but unfortunately was closed during my visit.
Directly connected to the castle you will find the St. Andreas church from the 15th century. There is even a walkway from the castle to a gallery on the side of the altar. During my visit I was curious how the church looks like from the inside. It was open and no service was ongoing, so I had a look inside and took some photos. Then the organist saw me when looking down from his organ and asked me if I would like to have a look from up there. He told me how to get up to the organ, sure I climbed up the stairs so I had a great view down into the church from his working place. When leaving I noticed that people started to gether in front of the church for a baptise service. I started to wonder if the organist thought that I wanted to take photos from the service... but I think he knew that I was only a tourist. Great experience.
The interior of St. Andreas Church seen from the organ.
This is the organ of the St. Andreas Church. I wonder how long it takes to learn such an instrument.
- Pros:Interesting place
There is nice artwork in the St. Andreas Church. Especially if you have the chance to get up to the organ you are really... more travel advice
The church St. Andreas originates from the 15th century. Its interior was changed to baroque style. The frescos were... more travel advice
gubbi1's Related Pages
Babenhausen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Babenhausen
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Babenhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Babenhausen
Photos in BabenhausenSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues