"Small Fugger-Town of Babenhausen" Babenhausen by gubbi1

Babenhausen Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 17 photos

Babenhausen is dominated by its Fugger Castle, a castle that still belongs to the Fugger family. The Fuggers are a merchant dynastie that is strongly connected to the city of Augsburg, which they owned for some extend. Here in Babenhausen a Fugger Museum presents this family. It is located in the castle, but unfortunately was closed during my visit.
Directly connected to the castle you will find the St. Andreas church from the 15th century. There is even a walkway from the castle to a gallery on the side of the altar. During my visit I was curious how the church looks like from the inside. It was open and no service was ongoing, so I had a look inside and took some photos. Then the organist saw me when looking down from his organ and asked me if I would like to have a look from up there. He told me how to get up to the organ, sure I climbed up the stairs so I had a great view down into the church from his working place. When leaving I noticed that people started to gether in front of the church for a baptise service. I started to wonder if the organist thought that I wanted to take photos from the service... but I think he knew that I was only a tourist. Great experience.

The interior of St. Andreas Church seen from the organ.

This is the organ of the St. Andreas Church. I wonder how long it takes to learn such an instrument.

• Pros:Interesting place
  • Last visit to Babenhausen: Feb 2011
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2011

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Babenhausen

Have you been to Babenhausen?