"Bad Mergentheim along the Romantic Road" Bad Mergentheim by gubbi1
Bad Mergentheim Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Driving the Romantic Road brought me beside many beautiful places also to the city of Bad Mergentheim. In town the most prominent thing is the Castle of the German Order. The castle was built in the 12th century and handed over to the German Order in 1219. Nowadays it houses a museum about the German Order and the local history. The attached church was built in 1730 to 1735 in baroque style.
As you might have noticed in the name Bad Mergentheim you find the word 'Bad' which indicates that the town is an official spa town. Close to the castle you will find a park with a spa area. Some springs here can be used for treatment by drinking the water carrying much minerals, but some springs are only used for outer treatment on the skin due to a high concentration of sulfate.
Having a look at the inner town you will come across many beautiful houses well marked with information plates.
- Pros:Beautiful and much to see
gubbi1's Related Pages
Bad Mergentheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bad Mergentheim - cool small city."
- "Bad Mergentheim"
- "Bad Mergentheim along the Romantic Road"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Mergentheim
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (56)
Have you been to Bad Mergentheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Mergentheim
Photos in Bad MergentheimSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues