"Hello world, mind if I look around?" the1truespawn's Profile

First impression

Well, I've been a VT member for awhile now, so I guess I should update my page a bit!

A little about me: I'm a born-and-bred southern boy currently living in South Carolina. I was raised in North Carolina (which makes no difference to anyone who isn't from one of the Carolinas). I've always enjoyed traveling around the US, but a recent trip to Paris (my first trip away from my own country) has inspired me to venture beyond my own backyard.

when I think of all the traveling I meant to do...

I look back at how much (recreational) traveling I've done since I became a VT member and I'm a bit embarrassed! I spent a wonderful two weeks in Seattle, WA. I went to Detroit (but that was for business...I wouldn't reccommend it) and besides that, I've just been hanging out in my usual weekend getaway spots. The nice thing about where I live is that it's a short drive to two of the most wonderful cities I've had the good fortune to be in: Asheville, NC and Charleston, SC.

Beyond that, very little else :( My plans for returning to Europe have been put on hold until after the holidays. But who knows? Maybe Santa will bring me a plane ticket to Rome. (A guy can dream, can't he?)

Fortunately, I have found an organization here in Columbia that promotes multiculturalism - The World Affairs Council
Cities all across the country have these councils, so if you are in the US and want to get involved in reinforcing your city's international bonds, find out of your city has a World Affairs Council. If not, maybe you're the one who can make it happen.

Our Council is also the host of Columbia's Sister Cities program. Our Sister Cities are:
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Cluj-Napoc, Romania
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
(Rumor has it we'll soon be partnered with a city in China, too)

So that's my update. Check back in another year or two and see if I've updated my page! With any luck, I will have been somewhre else. In the meantime, if you have any questions about North Carolina or South Carolina, I'm here for you. Peace be your journey.

• Intro Updated Oct 20, 2005

• Oct 22, 2005 at 2:25 PM

i already know my favorite.... it's the Charleston pic :-)

• tarced's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2005 at 11:26 PM

A good start on your homepage! How was Michigan? Where did you end up going?

• wanderlust23's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 4:33 PM

With all the great trains in Europe and easy distances between countries, you could see quite a bit during a trip there. Happy travelling, and glad you're branching out there! :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
the1truespawn's Profile Photo

the1truespawn

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.