"Sunrise, Sunset: Sarasota" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarasota by sarahjayn

Sarasota Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 529 photos

It's a nice place to visit, but . . .

I've visited Sarasota a lot as a little one, and I lived there for four years while in college. I have to say, it's a lot nicer place to visit than live, but I think that's true of most all of Florida.

• Pros:beaches, art, New College
  • Cons:jaded elderly, large difference between haves-and-have-nots, traffic
  • Last visit to Sarasota: Feb 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 23, 2005

• Jan 14, 2010 at 7:33 AM

As tourists from Scotland UK, we are always made most welcome at Joyland when we visit once a year. The line dance classes are great, no experience necessary. And the bar staff is good enough to recognise us and remember our drinks order.

• Mar 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM

These are private parties and wristbands from members of the community are required for attendance. If you show up with out one, you will be ejected from the area by the campus police. Sorry.

• Apr 18, 2007 at 4:08 AM

what a brill page

• Oct 27, 2006 at 8:21 AM

Vegetarians shouldn't write for meat eaters if they describe things as "dead delights"...it's really not very appetizing. Try Markko's on 41. EXCELLENT food and a large Vegan menu. I'd love to read your review on them.

• Oct 6, 2006 at 7:24 PM

At graduation PCP '05 a drunk townie tried to grab the gun from one of our campus police, and you now need a wristband (only given to students) to attend. If they catch you sneaking in, they will arrest you. Blame it on the drunks.

• Wileyman's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Sarah Jayn, you are a great writer, very interesting comments, and some excellent photography. Keep it up!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2005 at 6:15 AM

The Ringling Museum looks interesting--so does C'd'zan...and those rascally gators at Mayakka Park look ready to meet the unsuspecting tourist--with gusto!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 9:47 PM

Sarasota has an Amish community? I learn something new everyday!

sarahjayn

“Talk to strangers!”

Badges & Stats in Sarasota

Have you been to Sarasota?

Latest Activity in Sarasota