I live on the mid north. coast of NSW about 350 km from Sydney
We are surrounded by water . Lakes, rivers, beaches. The first industries were fishing and timber getting and boat building.Of course the aboriginals lived here and there are still descendents of the original tribes living here.
About 15,00 people live in Forster- Tuncurry which are towns divided by the lake. Tourism is now very important to the area.
A great link is http://www.greatlakes.org.au/
I have travelled since I was very young, travelling to Cairns in 1969 with my family in a caravan, then to Tasmania and to Perth.
1981: I travelled for a month to South Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territory with a girlfriend staying in Youth Hostels and travelling on a bus pass.
july 1982: I travelled to New Zealand by myself and went on a bus tour.
1984: travelled around NSW camping on my honeymoon(no ritzy resorts for me!)
1986: up as far as Weipa in QLD
1987: to South Australia with a 6 week old baby staying in cabins
July 1989:3 months camping to Western Australia and Northern territory
( pregnant and with a 2 year old)
Nov 1990: Tasmania for 1 month with 10 month old and 3 year old
1994: trip to Fraser Island camping and 4wd
1995: participated in a Kidney Kar Rally: Sydney to Kangaroo Island and back
1996: 5 weeks, to Simpson desert and Tanami track
1998: Around Australia 7 months: 2 kids, 8 and 11 years old, a husband and a caravan
1999: Fraser Island. 4wd
2001 sept: 1 month Tasmania
2002: camping and boating to Earlando (north of Airlie Beach) and boating around Whitsundays.
2003: camping and boating , Airlie Beach and whitsundays.
Nov 2003: on the back of a motor bike around Tasmania for 2 weeks.
2004 Nov: Separated from Husband! Beginning of life on own!
2005 July: travelled to NewZealand with 15 year old daughter for 1 month hired campervan.
2006 Oct: Girls road trip with daughter , camping, to Victoria including Great Ocean Road
2007 Oct: travellled to Tanna Island Vanuatu as part of a Rotary team to help at the hospital there.
2009 Jan : Girls road trip ,camping, including Hunter valley(cycling around wineries) and bushwalking in New England area and walked to top of Mt Warning.
2010 Jan: girls road trip to lightning ridge, Warrumbungles, Dubbo and Mudgee ( cycling around wineries again)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon Hotels
- Pak Chong
- Departamento de Cuscatlán Hotels
- Cape Coral
- Los Cristianos
- Abu Zaby
- Don Pedro Island Hotels
- Mount Gambier Hotels
- Lago de Atitlán
- Nitinat Lake Hotels
- Greenwich Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 18 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- lynee and balhannah are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Visit to sunshine coast in..."
- Wrote a Review motorhomes in Christchurch Transportation
- Commented on one of Tussey's Assisi travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seal Rocks"
- created a Forster Travel Page "Forster"
updated their Profile Page "tuncurry"
Top 10 Pages
- Tuncurry Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Forster Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- New Zealand 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Italy 2 reviews
- Australia 2 reviews
- Australia and Oceania 1 review
- Berlin 1 review
- Christchurch 1 review
- Port Douglas 1 review
- La Spezia 1 review
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos