I live on the mid north. coast of NSW about 350 km from Sydney
We are surrounded by water . Lakes, rivers, beaches. The first industries were fishing and timber getting and boat building.Of course the aboriginals lived here and there are still descendents of the original tribes living here.
About 15,00 people live in Forster- Tuncurry which are towns divided by the lake. Tourism is now very important to the area.
A great link is http://www.greatlakes.org.au/
I have travelled since I was very young, travelling to Cairns in 1969 with my family in a caravan, then to Tasmania and to Perth.
1981: I travelled for a month to South Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territory with a girlfriend staying in Youth Hostels and travelling on a bus pass.
july 1982: I travelled to New Zealand by myself and went on a bus tour.
1984: travelled around NSW camping on my honeymoon(no ritzy resorts for me!)
1986: up as far as Weipa in QLD
1987: to South Australia with a 6 week old baby staying in cabins
July 1989:3 months camping to Western Australia and Northern territory
( pregnant and with a 2 year old)
Nov 1990: Tasmania for 1 month with 10 month old and 3 year old
1994: trip to Fraser Island camping and 4wd
1995: participated in a Kidney Kar Rally: Sydney to Kangaroo Island and back
1996: 5 weeks, to Simpson desert and Tanami track
1998: Around Australia 7 months: 2 kids, 8 and 11 years old, a husband and a caravan
1999: Fraser Island. 4wd
2001 sept: 1 month Tasmania
2002: camping and boating to Earlando (north of Airlie Beach) and boating around Whitsundays.
2003: camping and boating , Airlie Beach and whitsundays.
Nov 2003: on the back of a motor bike around Tasmania for 2 weeks.
2004 Nov: Separated from Husband! Beginning of life on own!
2005 July: travelled to NewZealand with 15 year old daughter for 1 month hired campervan.
2006 Oct: Girls road trip with daughter , camping, to Victoria including Great Ocean Road
2007 Oct: travellled to Tanna Island Vanuatu as part of a Rotary team to help at the hospital there.
2009 Jan : Girls road trip ,camping, including Hunter valley(cycling around wineries) and bushwalking in New England area and walked to top of Mt Warning.
2010 Jan: girls road trip to lightning ridge, Warrumbungles, Dubbo and Mudgee ( cycling around wineries again)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 18 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Route options driving..."
- Wrote a Review motorhomes in Christchurch Transportation
- Commented on one of Tussey's Assisi travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seal Rocks"
- created a Forster Travel Page "Forster"
updated their Profile Page "tuncurry"
Top 10 Pages
- Tuncurry Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Forster Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- New Zealand 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Italy 2 reviews
- Australia 2 reviews
- Australia and Oceania 1 review
- Berlin 1 review
- Christchurch 1 review
- Port Douglas 1 review
- La Spezia 1 review
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos