"This is my favourite city!" Natalya2006's Profile

I'm glad to to announce that 10th official VT EuroMeet 2014 will take place in St.Petersburg, Russia. The information will be published at the page Euromeet2014. Welcome to our city!

I live in a very beautiful city and I love it very much.
My daughter and me we like to travel but how nice to come back to our lovely Petersburg full of impressions after trips!
I placed pictures of our city on this page - you can see that it's really beautiful.

Sphinxes under snow

The oldest sculptures of St.- Petersburg more older than European monuments. They are 3.5 thousands years old. There are monuments of Sphinxes which have delivered from Egypt in 1832. In XV century BC those Sphinxes placed near tomb of pharaoh Amenchotep III, in Egypt. The faces of Sphinxes have features of Amenchotep III.
When I see this Sphinx I imagine that he is thinking "How I find myself in a such cold place?"

View to Vasilievsky Island

It's possible to see the city from the helicopter - see my tips.

Alexander Column (Palace Square)

Peter and Paul Fortress, view from the Neva river

60 years separate us from that day. I think that war concerned almost all families in our city... Citizens of Leningrad saved Bronze Horseman and Isaac Cathedral, Klodt's Horses and Admiralty Spire with our symbol - weather-wind in a ship form and many other buildings and monuments... They worked hard to restore the ruins and now we can admire palaces in the city and in the suburbs: Tsarskoye Selo, Peterhof, Gatchina..

Pictures: Women restore the city after that awful 900 days of the siege: 1. View to Nevsky Prospect from the roof. 2. Birzhevaya (stock exchange) Square and Rostrum Columns.

• Intro Updated Jun 26, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Natalya2006's Profile Photo

Natalya2006

“Inside my heart is breaking, my make-up may be flaking, but my smile still stays on!”

Real Name