"Ocean Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion by kevin36
Heraklion Travel Guide: 309 reviews and 852 photos
And these are the places we visited on our two week voyage
From start to finish everything went smoothly, We booked in at Gatwick Airport, flew out exactly on time, the flight was with Thomas Cook to Heraklion.
Flight time approx 3hrs 45Mins.
The flight crew we had for this particular flight I have to say, were "Brilliant" it was nice to have a Captain who had a wicked sense of humour and was very cheerful with it, it made a good start to the Holiday.
"Thank you" Capt Min brown and your crew.
Once you arrive in Heraklion you collect your baggage then you put them on the coach, after that your suitcases are taken to your cabin.
You register your credit card for the duration of the trip at Heraklion and you are given a bar coded card for entry and exit of the ship.(Simple). Also your photo is taken to identify you are the holder of the card.
Below are some video clips taken during the cruise.
First night on board was the Greek night sail away party, a memorable night
Our trip on Ocean Village One
"What can I say!" Blue skies and hot weather the whole time, Temperatures varied from 28% - 40%.The ship itself is very capable of riding rougher weather, the night we sailed from Heraklion it was very windy and the sea fairly rough, however we hardly noticed it,until you opened a door!.
The journey through out the 14days was smooth and without incident,the ship is comfortable and well run, the staff work very hard and work very long hours.
You have a team member assigned to you,ours was "Sherilyn" who looked after us very well and the room was cleaned every day.(spotless).
I will go into food etc under the different categories along with excursions.
Again I cannot compare what this particular cruise is like compared to others as this was our first cruise,what I can say is from our personal experience it was just right for us,casual and relaxing, and we were treated very well and looked after.
- Cons:Somethings are over priced!
- In a nutshell:"would I do it again, Yes without doubt"
Katakolon, beware of the jellyfish,these buggers are large very large. I certainly would not want to be stung by... more travel advice
When you go into Heraklion town look fro the subway near to the square a surprise awaits you in the subway walkway. An... more travel advice
- Ocean Village
- " Port of Piraeus Heraklion"
- Village Square
kevin36's Related Pages
Heraklion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ocean Village"
- "Heraklion-Irakleio-Chandak-Candia-Megalo Kastro"
- " Crete (Handakas),my ex-homeland "
- "A Great City"
- "KALIMERA KRITI ! GOOD MORNING CRETE !"
- "Heraklion or Hercules city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Heraklion
- Hotels in Heraklion
- Transportation in Heraklion
- Nightlife in Heraklion
- Restaurants in Heraklion
- Shopping in Heraklion
- Warnings and Dangers in Heraklion
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heraklion
- 16 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Heraklion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heraklion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lagos Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 34 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 16 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 15 reviews, 66 photos