"Ocean Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion by kevin36

Heraklion Travel Guide: 309 reviews and 852 photos

Ocean Village Cruise

This Was our first ever Cruise and is just our personal experience on Ocean Village
And these are the places we visited on our two week voyage

Dubrovnik
Kusadasi
Mykonos
Santorini
Ocean Village

Ocean Village( Flight & Arrival)

From start to finish everything went smoothly, We booked in at Gatwick Airport, flew out exactly on time, the flight was with Thomas Cook to Heraklion.
Flight time approx 3hrs 45Mins.
The flight crew we had for this particular flight I have to say, were "Brilliant" it was nice to have a Captain who had a wicked sense of humour and was very cheerful with it, it made a good start to the Holiday.
"Thank you" Capt Min brown and your crew.
Once you arrive in Heraklion you collect your baggage then you put them on the coach, after that your suitcases are taken to your cabin.
You register your credit card for the duration of the trip at Heraklion and you are given a bar coded card for entry and exit of the ship.(Simple). Also your photo is taken to identify you are the holder of the card.

Below are some video clips taken during the cruise.

First night on board was the Greek night sail away party, a memorable night

Our trip on Ocean Village One
Mykonos
Kusadasi
Cefalonia

Ocean Village (The Trip)

"What can I say!" Blue skies and hot weather the whole time, Temperatures varied from 28% - 40%.The ship itself is very capable of riding rougher weather, the night we sailed from Heraklion it was very windy and the sea fairly rough, however we hardly noticed it,until you opened a door!.
The journey through out the 14days was smooth and without incident,the ship is comfortable and well run, the staff work very hard and work very long hours.
You have a team member assigned to you,ours was "Sherilyn" who looked after us very well and the room was cleaned every day.(spotless).
I will go into food etc under the different categories along with excursions.
Again I cannot compare what this particular cruise is like compared to others as this was our first cruise,what I can say is from our personal experience it was just right for us,casual and relaxing, and we were treated very well and looked after.

• Pros:"Casual"
  • Cons:Somethings are over priced!
  • In a nutshell:"would I do it again, Yes without doubt"
  • Last visit to Heraklion: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 5, 2008

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Kevin, Loved your video of Rhodes. Rhodes was my favorite place when we visited the Islands. Love your part of the world, as well!

kevin36

“"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."”

Badges & Stats in Heraklion

Have you been to Heraklion?

Latest Activity in Heraklion