"Portsmouth" Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth by kevin36
Portsmouth Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 742 photos
170M High from water level to the tip of the pinnacle.
Just recently opened after a 5 year delay,but it was worth waiting for with spectacular views across the harbor to the Isle of Wight.
The eternal lift travels at 4mtrs per second,taking you to the view decks in just 30seconds.
There is also an outside lift which was not in operation at the time we went there,as of the 27th May 2007 was still not in operation.(its not for me) being scared of heights,but if you want the thrill it will cost you £2:00 extra, if they ever get it going again.
At night it is a spectacular sight,being ultra violet blue is very modern looking.
the time we were there we were privileged to see it in multi colors,being the Trafalgar Celebrations.
It really is well worth a trip
Panoramic lift 2.00 per person.
These were the prices re above click on the Link.
Two video clips for you, Gosport & Spinnaker tower video
concrete used to build the Tower would fill five and a half Olympic size swimming pools.
The tower is founded on 84 piles,the longest of which runs 50mtrs into the ground,the equivalent of Nelsons column
The total weight of the tower exceeds 30.000tons
The external glass lift glides to the top in 90 seconds.
there are three viewing platforms: Level 1:100M
Level 2 :105M
Level 3 :110M(The Crows Nest)
I have included more photos in the Travelogue Section
- Pros:Fantastic transport links,Train,Bus,Hover Craft,Fast Cat and Ferrys
- Cons:None to speak of
- In a nutshell:Portsmouth seems to be looked after very well with transport links and events.
We came across the Wildlife park while driving through the New Forest. Delightful Wildlife park,plenty to see and... more travel advice
Go down to Gosport Harbour and see the wonderful lights across at Portsmouth Harbour. more travel advice
- See All "Chinese Buffet"
- "Festival Of the Sea"
- Emergency Equipment
kevin36's Related Pages
Portsmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Delightful Portsmouth"
- "O Mighty Town"
- "A night in a fort"
- "Discovering my new home town bit by bit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portsmouth
- Hotels in Portsmouth
- Transportation in Portsmouth
- Nightlife in Portsmouth
- Restaurants in Portsmouth
- Shopping in Portsmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Portsmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portsmouth
- 20 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Portsmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portsmouth
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lagos Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 34 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 16 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 15 reviews, 66 photos