"Gran Canaria" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria by kevin36
Isla de Gran Canaria Travel Guide: 416 reviews and 1,173 photos
It may be man made, but it's very enticing, with a halo-like sweep of sand that curves its way around the bay made up of crushed sea shells.
Made up of good looking whitewashed hotels and complexes overlooking the bay, it really is picture-postcard stuff. Amadores is all about drenching yourself in sunshine on the beach where you can also go scuba diving or hire a pedalo. But stroll down to the seafront you'll find a host of shops, bars and restaurants,the sea was so blue and the weather in July was excellent with most days being hot and sunny..
You can head up round the bay via the coastal path to Neighboring Peurto Rico.
We only scratched the surface with this small part of the island and the People were very welcoming.
This was our first trip to Amadores in Gran Canaria and I have to say we were not dissapointed,the people were very friendly and accommodating.
The weather was perfect ,I think we had one cloudy day,but It was nice temperatures all of the time.
This appears to be one of the quieter locations,so if you are looking for the Lively night life its not far a way but far enough
We really enjoyed our time here,the Beach down at Amadores can be busy at the week-end which is understandable.
The public transport here is very good plenty of taxis available and the bus service was inexpensive and very good,just don't sit near the window if you have a problem with heights.
The Beach at amadores is a nice fine crushed seashell,but beware it can slope away steeply at the one end.
20mins walk on the coastal footpath round the corner is Puerto Rico.however I have to say I was dissapointed with the amount of Touts,people harassing you all the time either trying to sell you something or drag you into their shops, bars or restaurants.
I know people have to earn a living ,but come on guys its a really off putting, and rather than go in which i might have done,I will walk away,most people did just that.
But that said Puerto Rico can be nice if you are left alone to look around,a very good example is the pretty little fishing village of Puerto De Mogan where you don't get people hassling you and you can shop at leisure.
Here is a Map of the area
- Pros:Blue Skies and Warm Weather
- Cons:Coming Home
We rented a car from Jurecar rental company direct from our Hotel (Suite Princess Playa Taurito). No hassle what so... more travel advice
This is a Unique little shop that has some lovely clothing for sale. The lady who runs the shop is very friendly and... more travel advice
- See All Suite Princess
- See All Dolphin & Whale Trips
- "The Sun"
- "Puerto Rico Town"
kevin36's Related Pages
Isla de Gran Canaria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GRAN CANARIA - explore the island!"
- "Gran Canaria, a mini continent"
- "Gran Canaria - Playa del Ingles and other places."
- "Gran Canaria"
- "Gran Canaria"
- "WELCOME TO MINIATURE CONTINENT!"
- "La Isla Gran Canaria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Hotels in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Transportation in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Nightlife in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Restaurants in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Shopping in Isla de Gran Canaria
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Gran Canaria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Gran Canaria
- 19 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Isla de Gran Canaria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Gran Canaria
Photos in Isla de Gran CanariaSee All Photos (74)
Videos in Isla de Gran CanariaSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lagos Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 34 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 16 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 15 reviews, 66 photos