Minorca Island Shopping Tips by kevin36 Top 5 Page for this destination
Minorca Island Shopping: 4 reviews and 4 photos
I am not going to play one shop against another,within half a mile there must be at least 6 supermarkets around and in Cala'bosc,they sell just about anything including bakery goods(really good value),Beach umbrellas, lilos, clothes etc.
You can get things like tea bags HP sauce etc.
We visited them all,they were all very friendly and helpful,my Spanish is very very limited and just about everyone spoke English,if not we made ourselves understood with sign language.
I could not fault any of them at all, it made our stay that much better.Gracia's
What to buy: Water,The water is fine from the tap,however it tastes salty as there are a lot of minerals in the water,everywhere supermarket wise sells water up to 8ltr size.
If you buy airbeds make sure you check with the shop before leaving,most have an air compressor outside to pump them up.
Telephone cards can be obtained from reception at most Hotels and will last anything up to 45mins.Jazzcard (Tarejeta Prepago)
What to pay: Water varies depending on size but I would say normal prices,Sun Umbrellas and airbeds are inexpensive.
Phone cards are €5 euros so very good value phoning back to the U.K.
And diesel is less expensive than the U.K ,well it was when we were there.
Address: Cala'n Bosc
Directions: Within 200yds of Hotel Casas del lago
More Reviews (17)
- See All TomTom
- See All Naveta Des Tudons
- See All "Car Hire"
- See All Seafood!
- Factory Shops
kevin36's Related Pages
Minorca Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Menorca: Sun, Sea, Sand And, Err, Fiesta!"
- ""Cala n Bosc""
- "La Isla Bonita"
- "A little island with loads of history"
- "The Balearic Boomerang"
- "Menorca - A fascinating island in the Balearics"
- "Family Fun"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Minorca Island
- Hotels in Minorca Island
- Transportation in Minorca Island
- Nightlife in Minorca Island
- Restaurants in Minorca Island
- Shopping in Minorca Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Minorca Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Prien am Chiemsee
- Llandudno Hotels
- Paarl Hotels
- Maidstone Hotels
- Sechelt Hotels
Badges & Stats in Minorca Island
- 18 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Minorca Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minorca Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lagos Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 34 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 16 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 15 reviews, 66 photos