"Altenahr" Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr by kevin36
Altenahr Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 164 photos
Altenahr a nice delightful Town with plenty to see and do with the scenic backdrop to match.
The Houses look like something out of a movie set and don't appear to have changed for years?.
Some of the decor in the places we visited reminded me of my time in Germany back in the 70s, as if they are caught in a time warp.
However on saying that, to change it would spoil its character.
There are plenty of Restaurants to choose from along with gasthauses.
We only stayed for 3days so this is just our limited personal view.
We stayed in the Hotel Bahn Hubel located in the high street,however all is not what it seems? it will all be explained under Accommodation tips.
The local train service here is excellent and we had no problem with jumping on a train and exploring the sites.
The trains surprisingly enough are very modern and clean unlike some of our train services here.
The people were very friendly and helpful, and if you like Wine ? then you have come to right place.
They have their own winery down the bottom of the high street.
The Ahr valley is well known for its Red Wine,and if you take a train trip through the Valley you will see row upon row of Grape Vines.
It really is an amazing site to see.
And if you think that's all? then take one of the many walks around the Town area.
You can walk for miles here and there are various types of walks to suit everyone.
- Pros:Nice Quiet location with plenty of Restaurants
- Cons:Can be a bit too quiet?
- In a nutshell:"Lost in a timewarp"
The Usual Luggage and bags Sensible all weather gear depending what time of the year you go,we went in August and it... more travel advice
The Ahr valley is renound for its red wine,and in Altenahr there is a winery at the bottom of the town. This is the... more travel advice
- See All Travelscope/Bus
- See All Schnell Imbiss
- Red Wine
- Very Scenic
kevin36's Related Pages
Altenahr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Red wine - here I come"
- "Burg and wine"
- "Altenahr - In the heart of the Ahr Wine Region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Altenahr
- Hotels in Altenahr
- Transportation in Altenahr
- Nightlife in Altenahr
- Restaurants in Altenahr
- Shopping in Altenahr
- Warnings and Dangers in Altenahr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altenahr
- 16 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Altenahr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altenahr
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lagos Intro, 36 reviews, 140 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 34 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suffolk Intro, 34 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Cefalonia Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 20 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 19 reviews, 74 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Altenahr Intro, 16 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heraklion Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fethiye Intro, 15 reviews, 66 photos