"Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Cadaqués by cat-alunya
Cadaqués Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 190 photos
In 1999 I stumbled on a traveling magazine and saw a review on Cadaques. Broke and still in school, I knew I couldn't go anytime in the fathomable future, but I tore the page from the magazine and hung it on my refrigerator...for 3 years. My boyfriend at the time, now husband, threw it out eventually as it had become tattered and splattered from food in the kitchen. At the time, he didn't have a great interest in going there, or to Spain at all, for that matter. He was hung up on Germany. Another year passed and we ended up going to Spain on a last minute decision. While in Barcelona, we were engaged, but we were there in December and it was too cold to consider Cadaques.
The first intro the Spain proved enough to wet my husbands appetite with a country he now wishes he could call home. We went back a year later on our honeymoon and fell in love with this remarkable, secluded, former home to Salvador Dali. Now, we're going back in May. Spain- not only Cadaques, is somewhere I truly feel everyone should experience at least once in their life, especially the Catalan region. It is a step back in time with a people who know how to relax, live, breathe slowly, eat and drink slowly and very well and mean it when they smile at you.
Please go- you won't regret it!
It's damn hard to know where you are in cadaques, even if you have the street name. If you're lost, ask a local, they know everything and everyone...please don't waste your time and pride trying to locate a street sign, especially late at night...it's virtually a lost cause unless you're near the city center
Lovely Blue door of an even lovelier apartment, from what I could sneak a peek of when the owner opened up the door.
- In a nutshell:heaven...truly
One of the best things I did while staying in Cadaques was rent a boat. We waited days for the wind to calm before we... more travel advice
cat-alunya's Related Pages
Cadaqués Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A living painting"
- "Where I really experienced the Mediterranean"
- "Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life"
- "Cap de Creus - Costa Brava - Girona - Catalonia"
- "The Beautiful Skies of Cadaques"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cadaqués
- Hotels in Cadaqués
- Transportation in Cadaqués
- Nightlife in Cadaqués
- Restaurants in Cadaqués
- Warnings and Dangers in Cadaqués
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cadaqués
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cadaqués?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cadaqués
- updated a Cadaqués Travel Page "Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life"
- Wrote a Review Take an inflatable dingy out on the water &explore in Cadaqués Off The Beaten Path
Photos in CadaquésSee All Photos (6)
- Doolin Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Mérida Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadaqués Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Brooklyn Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos