"Cadaques, My Love- Where Have You Been All My Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Cadaqués by cat-alunya

Cadaqués Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 182 photos

Cadaques, Sweet, Cadaques

In 1999 I stumbled on a traveling magazine and saw a review on Cadaques. Broke and still in school, I knew I couldn't go anytime in the fathomable future, but I tore the page from the magazine and hung it on my refrigerator...for 3 years. My boyfriend at the time, now husband, threw it out eventually as it had become tattered and splattered from food in the kitchen. At the time, he didn't have a great interest in going there, or to Spain at all, for that matter. He was hung up on Germany. Another year passed and we ended up going to Spain on a last minute decision. While in Barcelona, we were engaged, but we were there in December and it was too cold to consider Cadaques.
The first intro the Spain proved enough to wet my husbands appetite with a country he now wishes he could call home. We went back a year later on our honeymoon and fell in love with this remarkable, secluded, former home to Salvador Dali. Now, we're going back in May. Spain- not only Cadaques, is somewhere I truly feel everyone should experience at least once in their life, especially the Catalan region. It is a step back in time with a people who know how to relax, live, breathe slowly, eat and drink slowly and very well and mean it when they smile at you.
Please go- you won't regret it!

Where the Streets Have No Name

It's damn hard to know where you are in cadaques, even if you have the street name. If you're lost, ask a local, they know everything and everyone...please don't waste your time and pride trying to locate a street sign, especially late at night...it's virtually a lost cause unless you're near the city center

Blue...Oh so Lonesome For You

Lovely Blue door of an even lovelier apartment, from what I could sneak a peek of when the owner opened up the door.

• Pros:everything
  • Cons:nada
  • In a nutshell:heaven...truly
  • Last visit to Cadaqués: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 10, 2005

• Lorro's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Thanks for your tips, Im going to Cadaques this weekned. It sounds great. Although Im sure I wont be swimming this time of year!!

• jcots's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 8:07 AM

It's really one of the best town I've visited. I only love the visions from Capde Creus and all its environments. It's spectacular. Hopefully I can visit minimum once a year!!! I think I'm very lucky!!!

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 8:46 AM

I agree with you, this is one of the most beautiful spots in the world and I'm in love with it. Like you I've been wanting to visit it for years and yesterday it was possible.

• seatpants's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 2:07 PM

great writing cat- keep it up I'm hungry for more

cat-alunya

“Just go!”

Badges & Stats in Cadaqués

Have you been to Cadaqués?

Friends