"Moncton - My working vacation" Top 5 Page for this destination Moncton by Eileenheath
Moncton Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 90 photos
In Sept I was sent to Moncton, NB, Canada by ExxonMobil based in Dallas Texas to - for all intents and purposes - train my replacements. Such is outsourcing in the tech support world. Thankfully accents were taken into account and the Canadian heldesk was a joy to work with. I stayed 3 weeks overlapping to October and I had to come back. After much whining, they did indeed send me again during Jan -Feb. I think it was really because I had once lived in Fairbanks Alaska and therefore could handle the weather better than most. Moncton had 3 blizzards the week before I arrived so here was no lack of snow. Cold - but it was no Fairbanks. The Fall prior I had spent was simply gorgeous. There are a lot of trees in the town and very little urban decay.
I'm writing this from what I feel is my final business related trip here and I'm making plans to come back in the summer and bringing someone special with me.
Most of what I'm going to write in here will be in comparison to Texas.
- Pros:Clean city, even the bums are polite, everything in walking distance, cars yeild to pedestrians
- Cons:Everything closes early on Sunday. If it's 9pm, dining just became interesting. Also 15% sale tax.
- In a nutshell:This is a great vacation town without the overbearing need to see certain sights or do certain things.
There's only one transient that seems to be a handful. He squats at a keyboard and bangs out noise while shouting what I... more travel advice
Moncton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Moncton, New Brunswick"
- "ShanMonster's new Moncton Page"
- "Moncton - My working vacation"
- "Monkeytown as we call it!"
- "Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "Lisser's Moncton Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moncton
- Hotels in Moncton
- Transportation in Moncton
- Nightlife in Moncton
- Restaurants in Moncton
- Shopping in Moncton
- Warnings and Dangers in Moncton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moncton
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Moncton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moncton
No friends yet.