"A LONG DISTANCE PATH IN TURKEY : LYCIAN WAY" Fethiye by FAIRYCHIMNEY
Fethiye Travel Guide: 346 reviews and 866 photos
Lycian way trekking trail opened in 2004 : An English lady called Kate Clow had designed and implemented the trail.
Even though the trail is about 500 km long , we made 65 of it(which took 8 days)
As we informed through our guide , Lycian way trail was authorised by the Turkish government and way -marking of Lycian way was sponsored by some firms in Turkey.You can find detailed information about Lycian way that was written by Kate Clow.Such a fantastic book and lures all trek lovers up to the mediterranean heaps,to the ancient paths..
here's few words"es taken from Kate Clow's book : "Lycia is the historical name of the Teke Peninsula,which is the bump on Turkey's Mediterranean coast between the cities of Fethiye and Antalya.It is the western termination of the taurus mountains and the vivacious and friendly personality of the Turks."
Above mentioned book is for those who wants to explore a part of the "real Turkey's past and present."
god bless the individual travelling : i really appreciate people who makes our lives easier : when you walk through this paths you will see that the way marked with red and white paint flashes.but keep in mind that there are some other marks on the route too : real ones marked on the rocks not trees !
You can walk this route anytime of the year. but i highly recommend you to do it in the spring or late autumn.to avoid the heat !
Rain usually starts in mid march and continues till April :for your kind info !
unbelievable hospitality ,stony and steep fields, poor but shiny locals: in gey village one may one stay forever( well untill you miss civilazation indeed )
most of you know , if you experienced the mediterranean coasts before ; touristic places, loud music,commercial areas.... etc. This paths, and trekking experince gives you to explore the other world in the coasts: totally different world.
people really poor , no water supply and from age 7 to 70 , they take care of themselves through natural sources.they heal themselves through earth ! tyhmes,oregons,sage trees and daphnes.....you feel dizzy with all these temping smells all long your way ...and besides , a breattaking view companies you : what more you may want _??
- Pros:lovely,lovely,lovely....cant explain !
- Cons:bees all around : watch out !
- In a nutshell:fethiye is crap : but heaps...oooo wanna die on those heaps
if your not into history,trekking....etc and all you want is to lay down on the beach a beer in the hand at least go and... more travel advice
daysack or backpack(if your not join a tour you will have to carry all your stuff with you) trekkers should have... more travel advice
FAIRYCHIMNEY's Related Pages
Fethiye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "F E T H I Y E"
- "Fethiye and Around the Turquoise Coast"
- "Fethiye... And Oludeniz.."
- "Fethiye; a heaven on earth:)"
- "Turquoise Fethiye"
- "A delightful and welcoming town"
- "Fethiye-another paradise in Turkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fethiye
- Hotels in Fethiye
- Transportation in Fethiye
- Nightlife in Fethiye
- Restaurants in Fethiye
- Shopping in Fethiye
- Warnings and Dangers in Fethiye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fethiye
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Fethiye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fethiye
Top 10 Pages
- Goreme Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urgup Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Kas Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Fethiye Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Ephesus Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Hatay Ili Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Izmir Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Izmir Ili 1 review, 4 photos
- Ayvalik Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo