"Everything in New York is BIG besides a PINT!!" New York City by jo104

New York City Travel Guide: 15,856 reviews and 31,858 photos

I was not sure how much I would enjoy the States thinking it would just be far too new and modern for me especially after living in culture & history rich England for many years. But I was pleasantly surprised by what New York had to offer it is a vibrant city with plenty of poke. In stark contrast to European Architecture I found a different kind of beauty in the reflections of old style American architecture trapped inside towering glass skyscrapers.

• Last visit to New York City: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM

We just returned again-and I was looking to see what you liked in NYC. YOu have done a very nice job of showing the sites.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2009 at 7:41 AM

Your New York pics are stunning. Will have a look at your tips now.I bet they are as good as always.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for your Bday wish! Nice to see that the Big Apple is going well since my last visit there in 1999. Do you become addict to the States with your next trip to Chicago ;-)

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Interesting things to do tips. I am not a huge fan of NYC but have to admit certain things you just can't get anywhere else in NY.

• DavidKeeling's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Plent of poke, I need to adopt that expression!! Your pages are awesome, keep up the god work! Cheers D

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2008 at 3:52 PM

We had our tastiest steak ever, here! Even compared to Saffa steak. Wish we had seen Stone street :)... lovelypic with the army lads!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Sounds like you had a great visit Jo, with lovely weather and plenty of food too!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Great fun here touring NY w/you! Mac has been my choice for years so nice to see the mention!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Hope you made it to NYC before the dollar starting gaining on the pound! Looks like you had a nice visit :-)

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Great page Jo lovely pics and tips I hope to visit there one day..!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Photos in New York City