"Costa Da Sol" Top 5 Page for this destination Andalucía by jo104

Andalucía Travel Guide: 12,602 reviews and 33,198 photos

Benalmadena

I had previously gone to Spain in 2002 to Benalmadena, Costa Da Sol, with 2 friends and had a good time although they were far more inclined to spend time at the beach. In went up the cable car to see the view over Benalmadena with a free donkey ride on top this is worthwhile doing. We visited the expensive Puerto Banus and Marbella but alas saw no stars

Feurengirola

In July 2004 I went to Fueringorola to stay at my friend’s parents villa. We hired a car for the week and visited the town of Mijas and Rhonda. The Alhambra in Granada is a must but as it is booked so far in advance we booked through a travel agency & went with a coach. Sampling the local tapas can be a bit difficult so my suggestion is a restaurant in the port of belamadina.

Ronda

Ronda is home to the oldest bullfight ring in Spain. This became home of the great bullfighter Pedro Romero.

Ronda is one of Spain's oldest cities but it only became reknowned in the middle ages where it became an independent kingdom under Arabic Rule.

Ronda is surrounded by high cliffs on 3 sides of the city providing a natural defence & high walls were erected at the entrance. The town of Ronda was the last to fall during the reconquest finally rendering to Ferdinand's army in 1485.

I loved the mix of building style, some Arabic & Christian mix.

As you walk towards the center of town you cross the new bridge which runs over the gorge separating medieval town from the 18th century part of town

• Pros:cloistered nun cookies & biddies dressed in trad black dress
  • Cons:can be pretty hot
  • In a nutshell:I'm going for a Siesta
  • Last visit to Andalucía: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 22, 2006

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I went to Andalucia in spring, not to the coast though... Nice page!!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2008 at 4:06 PM

You managed some great photos of Andalucia and the ride on the Belamadina Cable Car sounds like a lot of fun! My wife and I are hoping to visit this area during winter but are looking forward to seeing Ronda.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2008 at 10:26 AM

hi and Happy New Year Jo, hope youre having a great time back time (see youre not back online yet!), might get myself a scanner for belated christmas?or i will take you up on yr offer!and I love Andalucia - great place to drive all over!esp in Springtime.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 4:32 AM

I like very much you pages on Andalucia. Thank you for posting them!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Oh, churros and hot chocolate! How yummy! I was introduced to that in Valencia.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 10:04 AM

Jo, fabulous little page about Andalusia. Unfortunatly I only made it to Marbella and Ronda during the Euro 2006 VT meeting.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2007 at 10:18 PM

I appreciated your pages here on Andulucia, Jo. I was tickled to read about buying cookies from the incognito nun . Lovely photos. Thanks, Kat

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Thanks for your comments on my Rye page Jo :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Wonderful Andalucia pages Jo. Hans and I love the Costa del Sol, and you visited many of our favourite places.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 10:19 AM

Could I suggest some corections? Benalmadena and Puerto Banus. Ciao!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Andalucía

Have you been to Andalucía?

Latest Activity in Andalucía