"De Efteling where the Fairy-Tale begins" Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling by jo104

De Efteling Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 461 photos

De Efteling is a fantasy themem park for young and old alike hidden in the woods. The Efteling has expanded over the years it used to only consist of the Fairy-Tale Wood, but now has some exhillerating rides & attractions including the latest being the Flying Dutchman.

Join me and Pardoes (the Efteling Mascot) and Monkey on a tour through De Efteling, let the magic take over and please note for some attractions you must be 1.2m!!

Believe it or not

In De Efteling there are pink, blue and green doves - how they get that way I have no idea. As for photographic evidence you'll have to take my word for it because the birds flew away as I was zooming my camera in!! but its TRUE

• Pros:all day attractions
  • Cons:crowds
  • In a nutshell:Fun for young and old alike
  • Last visit to De Efteling: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2007

• northeast80's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Hi Jo, thanks for dropping by my pages. I've always wanted to go to the Efteling!

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 6:17 AM

I have read your page again. We are taking into consideration the park this year! Thanks for the tips!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Great pge Jo, Going to Holland in 10 days time, but not sure if I will get here. Gonna investigate however. thanks for sharing ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2008 at 11:50 AM

De Efteling is well known in the western part of Germany, where many people go on holiday to the Netherlands. Lovely page here. Well done. :-)

• lavenlaar's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2008 at 1:10 AM

oh the memories, my username is actually based on Efteling's theme. You are seriously missing out on some wonderful themed rides-Villa Volta - Droomvlucht - VogelRok. PAPIER HIER (sshhh - i threw rubbish in BigMouth as well) MET LAAF

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 1:04 AM

excellent place!had never heard of it. and it has its own VT page!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 5:48 AM

Yep - found something I missed!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2007 at 6:26 AM

What a fabulous place, especially with children. It seemed enchanting, creative, and just plain fun. You've covered the activities very well; I could picture them in my mind's eye as well as in your great photos.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Never heard of the place, thanks for sharing.

• benazer's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Hi jo,maybe one day I can have your ourside e-mail address so I can send to you some pics ;))

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in De Efteling

Have you been to De Efteling?

Photos in De Efteling