"Come here to visit with the Dolphins" Harderwijk by jo104

Harderwijk Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos

Visit Tucker and Juno at the Dolphinarium

Everytime I visit Amsterdam I try explore somewhere new and this time Superhanny propsed a visit to the Dolphinarium something he had not done since childhood.

It was a really memorable experience we spent the whole day there and decided to see 2 dolphin shows and not because the trainers were so good looking!!

The shows are also educational for the children they are able to touch the sting rays actually if the rays come to the side of the pool they want to be stroked. No 2 stingrays are the same they have different patterns some feel rough and some are smooth.

Several new babies in all the different sealife had been born and we were able to visit the new born dolphins in the aquarium. There were also baby stingrays, sharks and seals.

Being close to the beach we had to go for a paddle & I regret not bringing my swimming togs and flip flops. If you do decide to go for a paddle bring a towel to wipe off the sand.

I believe in Hardewijk you are able to rent a boat although we did not have time to investigate this.

• Last visit to Harderwijk: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 13, 2009

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Our kids would love this place - they love dolphins....excellent pages and excellent jumping pic...Thanks, Norman :)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Seems like you had fun. Dolphins are such great creatures ;-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2009 at 5:39 AM

Certainly a good place to visit with kids! Like the look of that meal you had, in fact I'm getting hungry right now.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Looks like a fun place Jo :o) I have a link to the Africa meet on my home page matey....you should join us hey :o) What about joining hubby, myself & Birgit on our south France car trip?.... :o)

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Whoooppeee - I am the first VT'r on these pages - loving these dolphins! <(•¿•)>

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Harderwijk

Have you been to Harderwijk?

Latest Activity in Harderwijk