"Home to Britain's only Hot Springs" Top 5 Page for this destination Bath by jo104

Bath Travel Guide: 911 reviews and 2,001 photos

Healing waters of Bath

I have been to Bath a few times as my cousin used to live here, but I think my best trip was my most recent spa trip with a gaggle of girls.

The new therme spa is quite an experience & I would urge visitors to Bath to pack their bathing suits (swimming costumes etc) & pre-book a session.

Bath is full of unusual quaint shops, expensive yes but worth a look!! I missed a visit to the Jane Austen Centre but bear in mind she was not born here but she did write some of her novels here.

• Pros:Thermespa, beautiful architecture
  • Cons:lots of tourists & tourist prices
  • Last visit to Bath: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jun 22, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM

A lovely page Jo! Brought back good memories of our time in Bath.

• jgemini65's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Loved Bath...though what we did mostly was drive in circles...had not figured out the whole English driving thing yet!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Jo, interesting and funny page about Bath. Unfortuntaly I never made it to this tourist gem. The Greenhouse and the Vom Fass shop seem to be well worth a visit. ;-)

• Lhenne1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I'm hoping to visit Bath for the first time soon. Thanks for the great tips! ~Laura

• Feb 27, 2008 at 1:00 AM

Some five star tips here well done! I especially liked the window tax tip, really interesting :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 3:34 AM

Looks like you and the "Gaggle of Girls" had a fun time in Bath. Interesting tip about the window tax & how people boarded up their windows to avoid it. Hansi would have loved the Bath Humbug Shop.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Very nice site, informative and extensive. Like the Roman Baths picture. Thanx for sharing!

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 10:04 AM

I still need to go to this great place. Nice tips re the complex, thermaespa & park. Lovely pic of the Wier.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 10:49 PM

I really like your Bath page, it brings back so many memories. I remember laughing about the bricked up windows, but when you can save on taxes, why not??

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Haven't been to Bath but have heard a lot about the Spa = enjoyed my virtual tour - thanks!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Bath