"Jersey come rain or shine" Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey by jo104
Jersey Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 473 photos
I came here over the Easter weekend and whilst it was cold and wet I think I can safely say that I would love to come back to explore Jersey in the summer so watch this spot.
From my limited time on the Island I can say that the people are for the most part incredibly friendly and helpful. Jersey is only 14km long and 8km wide although as you make your way along the narrow winding roads it feels larger. Beautiful white sandy beaches are everywhere some safer then others due to the extreme tidal movements which can cause strong currents making swimming dangerous.
There are many remnants to be seen of German fortifications when Jersey was the only part of the British Isles to be occupied by the Nazi's for 5 long years, islanders that remained suffered to the point of starvation. Jersey was liberated on 9 May 1945.
- Pros:friendly people, inexpensive quality restuarants, VAT free haven
- Cons:winter bus timetable, seasonal openings
This tip write up was done by my friend Mecheal who visited Elizabeth castle whilst Christel & I went to the Underground... more travel advice
All buses depart and arrive into Liberation station in St Helier. There is a helpful information desk as well as big... more travel advice
jo104's Related Pages
Jersey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "9X5 The Rock"
- "More than just a rock ...."
- "Jersey come rain or shine"
- "WELCOME TO MY CHANNEL ISLAND OF JERSEY PAGE...:-)"
- "My Jersey Page"
- "Jersey CI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jersey
- Hotels in Jersey
- Transportation in Jersey
- Nightlife in Jersey
- Restaurants in Jersey
- Shopping in Jersey
- Warnings and Dangers in Jersey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jersey
- 26 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Jersey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jersey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 100 reviews, 201 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 171 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 33 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 64 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Oxford Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos