London Favorite Tips by jo104
London Favorites: 1,784 reviews and 2,079 photos
VT'er modelling the public convenience
Favorite thing: London's public toilets have recently made headlines due to the fact that many are being closed and not maintained so in short a real health hazard. It is rumoured that a third of London's public conveniences are closed so that there is only 1 public toilet for every 10,000 people.
The first London toilets were built over rivers. Engineer George Jennings designed the public toilet shown here with its distinctive iron railings and tiled interior.
Some public conveniences have been turned into business, for example a bar or perhaps you may want to visit Shepherds Bush Comedy Club.
The websites below may assist you to find a place to relieve yourself a little bit of planning goes a long way. Alternatively you may wish to visit a department store such as Selfridges, John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and the like or good old McDonalds.
Only the major tube stations have public toilets which are serviced by cleaning staff a visit here will cost you 20p
Fondest memory: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/our_services/health_safety/public_conveniences.htm
More Reviews (76)
- See All Cheap cheap food at the cost of rude...
- See All Greyhound Dog Racing
- See All City Architecture, Mansion House- Bank...
- See All Docklands Light Rail (DLR)
- See All An after Hyde Park Drink
jo104's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 77 Reviews
- 182 Photos
- 135 Forum posts
- 80 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Cape Town Forum "Re: what to wear when you have..."
- Commented on one of HackneyBird's London tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "London open house day"
- Wrote a Review Cheap cheap food at the cost of rude staff about Wong Kei's in London Restaurants
- updated a London Travelogue "The extended VT Treasure hunt pictures"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 100 reviews, 201 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 171 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 33 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 64 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Oxford Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (118)
- Tower of London- 463 Reviews, 763 Photos
- British Museum- 296 Reviews, 528 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 397 Reviews, 659 Photos
- London Eye- 265 Reviews, 455 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 259 Reviews, 446 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 374 Reviews, 630 Photos
- Other Museums and Galleries- 265 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Piccadilly Circus- 179 Reviews, 263 Photos
- Camden Town, Lock and Market.- 101 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Hyde Park- 168 Reviews, 306 Photos
See All London Things to Do