London Favorite Tips by jo104
London Favorites: 1,824 reviews and 2,244 photos
VT'er modelling the public convenience
Favorite thing: London's public toilets have recently made headlines due to the fact that many are being closed and not maintained so in short a real health hazard. It is rumoured that a third of London's public conveniences are closed so that there is only 1 public toilet for every 10,000 people.
The first London toilets were built over rivers. Engineer George Jennings designed the public toilet shown here with its distinctive iron railings and tiled interior.
Some public conveniences have been turned into business, for example a bar or perhaps you may want to visit Shepherds Bush Comedy Club.
The websites below may assist you to find a place to relieve yourself a little bit of planning goes a long way. Alternatively you may wish to visit a department store such as Selfridges, John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and the like or good old McDonalds.
Only the major tube stations have public toilets which are serviced by cleaning staff a visit here will cost you 20p
Fondest memory: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/our_services/health_safety/public_conveniences.htm
More Reviews (76)
- See All Cheap cheap food at the cost of rude...
- See All Greyhound Dog Racing
- See All City Architecture, Mansion House- Bank...
- See All Docklands Light Rail (DLR)
- See All An after Hyde Park Drink
jo104's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 77 Reviews
- 182 Photos
- 135 Forum posts
- 77 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Virtual Attendees for the 3..."
- Commented on one of planxty's London tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "London open house day"
- Wrote a Review Cheap cheap food at the cost of rude staff about Wong Kei's in London Restaurants
- updated a London Travelogue "The extended VT Treasure hunt pictures"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 100 reviews, 201 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 171 photos, 7 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 33 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 64 reviews, 79 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Oxford Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (121)
- Tower of London- 505 Reviews, 851 Photos
- London Eye- 350 Reviews, 565 Photos
- British Museum- 312 Reviews, 563 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 393 Reviews, 663 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 268 Reviews, 460 Photos
- St. Pauls Cathedral- 267 Reviews, 463 Photos
- Madame Tussauds and Planetarium- 142 Reviews, 205 Photos
- Buckingham Palace- 418 Reviews, 679 Photos
- Portobello Road and Notting Hill- 100 Reviews, 143 Photos
- Piccadilly- 191 Reviews, 293 Photos
See All London Things to Do