"Home to the famous Lawn Tennis Grand Slam" Top 5 Page for this destination Wimbledon by jo104

Wimbledon Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 256 photos

I live in North London, here in London we have a big north / south divide, some people find it hard to cross the thames into unknown territories.

Wimbledon is a great area to visit, not only for the famous wimbledon lawn tennis championships, but also its great shops & leafy suburbs. Extensions of Wimbledon are Wimbledon Common as well as Wimbledon village. Whilst this page is in its infancy I hope to wander to all parts of wimbledon and share the vibe.

I am lucky to have some lovely friends living down here, so I have a valid excuse to cross the thames, one of these lovely people is Jenniflower and she has done an extensive Wimbledon page Jenniflower Wimbledon

• Pros:leafy suburb, great shopping, tennis fever
  • Last visit to Wimbledon: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2006

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Hope to visit Wimbledon one day to watch the tennis, and hopefully Andy Murray can win Wimbledon :-)

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Thankyou ! Naturally the whole point of the walk is the pub en route...:)

• risse73's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Jo, thanks for visiting my NYC page and for your wonderful Wimbledon tips! I've always wanted to visit London and I hope to get there one day. Cheers! -Marissa-

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 4:33 AM

Not fair, I have YET to see Morris dancers and lived in Wimbledon since 2004!!! *sulk* ;) Ma Potters has closed, Coal is now in its place. Not nearly as nice tho, although far trendier.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 12:02 PM

Hi Jo, nice to read your Wimbledon tips, we're going there tomorrow for the tennis. Will try and remember that restaurant tomorrow evening.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 4:19 AM

Morris dancers in Wimbledon, that's something I wouldn't have thought! I learn something new each day here on VT. Thank you.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 7:24 AM

I can almost imagine the crowds, exciting atmosphere and energy surrounding Wimbledon! I've seen snatches of the competition on the tv, but never been there. I know it is hallowed ground for afficionados of the game! Greetings from Texas...

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 2:18 PM

I was once lucky enough to attend the championships after I queued for about 90 minutes for a ground ticket, but it was really funny and worth the wait. Jo, gorgeous little page. :-)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 9:21 PM

Great page, Jo. I have been promising myself a trip to the Mueum for some time. fergy.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 1:56 AM

Also a great place to support Martina Hingis and Roger Federer with your new Swiss cap ;-) Hop Switzerland!!!

jo104 Visits Here Frequently!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Wimbledon

Have you been to Wimbledon?

Latest Activity in Wimbledon