"My once lovely home" Trincomalee by jo104
Trincomalee Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 57 photos
This town is an up and coming tourist haven, here you have the opportunity to still relax on a tranquil beach with silver sands, take a dip in calm blue seas and take in breathtaking views.
I stayed in Trincomalee and managed my husband's family's guesthouse of 20 rooms it was quite a life altering experience to say the least.
Trincomalee is no longer in the throws of civil war but is instead a place where Tamil & Singaleese alike live and work together side by side.
Trinco has a beautiful nature reserve called Pigeon Island a short boat trip away surrounded by the most beautiful coral reef. If that alone was not enough of a draw card to this majestic area the harbour is also a breeding ground for Sperm whales and they can be spotted here along with dolphins.
- Pros:unspoilt beaches, snorkeling, diving,
Usually there is a buffet for breakfast as well as dinner and it is open to guests outside of the hotel. The dining area... more travel advice
In trincomalee fishing is a sport you can do whilst on holiday if its your kind of thing. There is fishing from the... more travel advice
jo104's Related Pages
Trincomalee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My once lovely home"
- "A bit different..."
- "The world's largest natural harbour"
- "2 years in Trincomalee"
- "Trincomalee - natural harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trincomalee
- Hotels in Trincomalee
- Transportation in Trincomalee
- Restaurants in Trincomalee
- Warnings and Dangers in Trincomalee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trincomalee
- 15 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (29)
Have you been to Trincomalee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trincomalee
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 100 reviews, 201 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 77 reviews, 171 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Town Intro, 71 reviews, 105 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 33 reviews, 122 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 41 reviews, 113 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 38 reviews, 103 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandy Intro, 30 reviews, 83 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 34 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos