"The London I love" Top 5 Page for this destination Greater London by jo104

Greater London Travel Guide: 27,298 reviews and 63,233 photos

I will use this Greater London places that I consider a bit more off the beaten track where its not a typical tourist hotspot but still warrants a mention for excellent food or places of interest in the event you wish to add the areas to your itinerary.

For good Asian food head down to Tooting Broadway
Some trendy London spots I will cover here are Muswell Hill which has a nice village feel and some very good restuarnts it borders onto Alexander Park and Hornsey, sadly you can only reach this area by bus as there is no immediate rail service. Highgate will also be reviewed on these pages in due course.

I have recently discovered Stoke Newington well worth a visit and watch out for my sunday lunch review shortly of one a shortlisted top 20 roasts. Crouch End zone 3 but a terribly posh and sort after area to stay many nice eateries here and entertainment.

Do keep your eyes peeled much more to be posted here.

• Pros:hidden treasures outside of the zone 1 bottle gems to be found
  • Cons:a little more added to your travelcard outside zone 2 unless u bus it
  • Intro Updated Oct 5, 2015

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2009 at 10:12 AM

HI JO! oh, yes, got to sample Tooting few yrs ago when I visited one of my Sri Lankan friends. and hope to be visiting again, pos next April! some great Things to Do Tips!

• AusPinay's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Fascinating! Never heard of the places you wrote about so we'll see if we can find time to visit them next year! Thanks!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Nice stuff, should have looked you up before I went to London!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 5:11 AM

Hi Jo, good eating tips for London. I must admit, Tooting is an area I don't know at all, seems I need to get there. fergy.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 8:59 AM

ohhh sweet memories.... sigh... can't believe HOW time flies... geeez... today is official 6months count-down to expedition... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

jo104 Lives Here!

jo104

“Be prepared for a culture shock!”

Badges & Stats in Greater London

Have you been to Greater London?

Latest Activity in Greater London