"Botosani 2005" Botosani by jacobzoethout
Botosani Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 30 photos
On april 14th 2005, we took the train of 11:08 from Bucharest Gara Nord to Botosani. We spent seven hours in the train, but they passed very quickly. We met some interesting people and had conversations, partly in English, partly in Romanian. Late in the afternoon we arrived in Botosani. We took a taxi. At first sight, Botosani didn't look attractive at all. A dull big boulevard in decay led us to the centre of the city. We got out next to the park, and walked on the pedestrian Strada Unirii to the Rapsodia Hotel. We changed our mind about Botosani very quickly. We spent almost three days in the city and to my surprise it was a very pleasant place, with a small old centre, and very friendly people.
Botosani is situated in the north eastern part of Romania, in the region of Moldavia.
The city is not yet discovered by tourists, probably because of its decentral location. If Romania will join the European Union, Botosani will be a city on the outskirts of the EU. The border with Moldova is just 50 km from here; the border of Ukraine just about 80 km.
There are about 120.000 people living in Botosani. About a century ago, Botosani was a relatively wellfaring city. There was a big jewish community there (more then 15.000) with about 70 synagogues across the city. In the 1950's , most of them migrated to Israel.
Mihai Eminescu is the most famous poet in Romania; everywhere in Romania you'll find statues of him, and streetnames... more travel advice
There are lots of taxis driving around. The city centre is small so you dont need a taxi for that. To get top the... more travel advice
jacobzoethout's Related Pages
Botosani Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Botosani
- Hotels in Botosani
- Transportation in Botosani
- Restaurants in Botosani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Botosani
- 19 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Botosani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Botosani
Photos in BotosaniSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 44 reviews, 100 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Botosani Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liberia Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suceava Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ouarzazate Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Brussels Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Vatra Dornei Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos