"Malta - my home" Top 5 Page for this destination Malta by dowdow

Malta Travel Guide: 5,602 reviews and 13,397 photos

Hi, welcome to my page about my home. For those who have never been to Malta, all I can say is that a holiday in Malta can be whatever you want it to be.. fun, interesting, adventurous or just a relaxing one. There are many places to visit here and something is going on all year round. Whats also so good about Malta is that it is ideal to visit any time of the year, because we have great weather all year round, enjoying some 300 days of sunshine and temperatures ranging between 14°C in winter and 32°C in summer.

Besides that, the official languages here are Maltese and English with most of the people being also fluent in Italian so you surely won't get lost here.

Something about Malta .....

The Maltese islands are situated in the Mediterranean Sea and consist of Malta, Gozo and Comino all of which are inhabited, and the smaller uninhabited islands of Cominotto, Filfla and St.Paul.

Laying 90 km to the south of Sicily and 290 km to the north of Africa, 1830 km to the east of Gibraltar and 1500 km to the west of Alexandria, Malta and its islands might be said to occupy a position in the centre of the Mediterranean.

The longest distance in Malta is about 27 km and the widest distance is 14 km, while for Gozo are 14 km and 7 km. Having a population is of around 350,000 crowding an area of 320 km/sq the Maltese Islands can claim to be the most densely populated country in Europe.

• Pros:Great weather, no huge distances to travel.
  • Cons:Too many cars, too many potholes!
  • Intro Updated Jul 2, 2005

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for your tips! I have a better idea now of places to see :)

• robert6517's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2010 at 2:03 AM

i go to malta a lot, always use sunny coast pool & gym in qawara grt place & people

• Mar 14, 2007 at 1:53 PM

thank you for your tips i love malta we visit often my mam was maltese and we still have family there i love it.

• Feb 24, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Thank you for posting this. I would have been very angry if I spend thousands to come visit Malta, just to be constrained from leisurely. I'm off to find another country to visit this year.

• naktergalen's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Great tips!!! Thanks a lot!I will spend this Easter on Malta and will try to see Good Friday procession.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 8:02 PM

Hi Doreen great page and tips. Have a wonderful birthday.:-)

• cancon's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Hi , I like your page ,I am planning to visit Malta , The most surprising things to me that almost 75% oh maltese language is of Arabic orgine (Tunisian Accent ) ,that is an advantage to me , thank you for the youe page

• alja's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 3:32 AM

Hello!Your Malta page is great. I enjoy it very much. I'm going to Malta - Sliema - next month. Have a nice day Alenka

• mrpastry's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2006 at 10:11 AM

what a great malta page i will be following your advice on my next trip to malta alan

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 3:57 AM

Hi There! I haven't heard from you in a long time! Hope everything is fine.. Best Regards.:))

dowdow

“Don't forget to take a photo!”

Badges & Stats in Malta