"My First Trip Abroad - Catania" Catania by dowdow
Catania Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 547 photos
Catania was my first trip abroad and I had gone with my cousin, who had come to Malta for a holiday from Australia. We had gone to Catania mainly for ..... guess what :) .... shopping! ... because really, Catania is just a commercial centre and there is not much to see. In fact we only stayed in Catania for the night and during the day we visited lots of beautiful places in Sicily. Of course four days wasn't enough so that's why I went two years ago to Taormina, Alcantara Gorge and to Mount Etna again.
We stayed at the centre but it was very noisy here. I remember for breakfast we had Croissants ...mmmm I love croissants, especially just baked Italian Croissants.
- Pros:Not expensive
- In a nutshell:A centre from where you can go to the nicest places in Sicily
I took this lovely photo on our way to Randazzo, you can see Mount Etna from Catania easily. more travel advice
This statue, surrounded with lovely lawn, is right in the centre of Piazza Duomo and used to be our meeting point. Our... more travel advice
dowdow's Related Pages
Catania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sicily's Complex Second City"
- "One of Italy's undiscovered gems"
- "Beautiful Catania ..."
- "Sicily : earth, fire and water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Catania
- Hotels in Catania
- Transportation in Catania
- Nightlife in Catania
- Restaurants in Catania
- Shopping in Catania
- Warnings and Dangers in Catania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Catania
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Catania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Catania
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 58 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Rome Intro, 1 photo