"My First Trip Abroad - Catania" Catania by dowdow

Catania Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 549 photos

Catania was my first trip abroad and I had gone with my cousin, who had come to Malta for a holiday from Australia. We had gone to Catania mainly for ..... guess what :) .... shopping! ... because really, Catania is just a commercial centre and there is not much to see. In fact we only stayed in Catania for the night and during the day we visited lots of beautiful places in Sicily. Of course four days wasn't enough so that's why I went two years ago to Taormina, Alcantara Gorge and to Mount Etna again.

We stayed at the centre but it was very noisy here. I remember for breakfast we had Croissants ...mmmm I love croissants, especially just baked Italian Croissants.

• Pros:Not expensive
  • Cons:Noisy
  • In a nutshell:A centre from where you can go to the nicest places in Sicily
  • Last visit to Catania: Dec 1992
  • Intro Updated Apr 9, 2005

• baronedivandastad's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 7:35 AM

Heh, nothing to see in Catania? I also loved Randazzo. If you want to know the true story of the elephant just look in my travel pages! Cheers, mac

• Propermark's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Hi Doreen nice Catania page.. You know my Sicily is also beautiful.. we both live on an island.. You could visit Palermo as well one day. Bye Marco.

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 2:19 AM

I love Catania.. keep up the info ;)

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 1:57 PM

Welcome to Vt Doreen. Look forward to checking out your pages.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 7:48 AM

Excellent start on another beautiful Mediterranean island! Welcome to VT!

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Italy is somewhere I have never been to - well, not unless you count a 10 minute cross over from the border whilst staying in Nice! Marion x.

• Polly74's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 4:21 AM

Nice page!!! I also enjoyed visiting Sicily and Catania was my favourite city there!

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 7:37 AM

You are profesional with photo-camera! Just nice photos! Waiting for more of information and photos. Raimundas.

dowdow

“Don't forget to take a photo!”

Badges & Stats in Catania

Have you been to Catania?

Latest Activity in Catania