"Bathurst 1000" Bathurst by Tina-Perth
Bathurst Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 115 photos
Having never been a car racing fan, it was with reluctance that I agreed to join my partner Steve on an invitation by Orrcon Racing to attend the Bathurst 1000.
Sooo glad I did! I absolutely loved it. Mind you, we were treated like gold by the terrific team at Orrcon Steel.
We spent our time in the Sponsor's Box (right above the pits). As it happens, I know Larry Perkins from when I sat with him at a dinner when he visited Perth for the races at Barbagello Raceway, so I got to catch up with him whilst in Bathurst.
Larry Perkins is a terrific guy. A real Aussie bloke. You can just tell he's a nice guy by looking at his face.
Larry invited us into his pit and showed Steve and I the computers and how the show runs. It was great, very exciting.
Larry Perkins as you may or may not know is Holden. Orrcon support Mark Larkham who is Ford. You can look up either of them on the internet and receive newsletters if you like.
One of the wonderful things that the Orrcon team did for us was give us all a ride in a helicopter to view Mount Panorama from the air.
A great experience and a totally different perspective on the track.
- Pros:Atmosphere, excitement
- Cons:Nothing really, not even 'Feral Hill'
- In a nutshell:Not just for boys
Tina-Perth's Related Pages
Bathurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL - HISTORIC - BATHURST"
- "Bathurst - is there something else other than cars"
- "More than Mount Panorama"
- "Bathurst 1000"
- "Historic Heart of the Central West"
- "BATHURST WESTERN NEW SOUTH WALES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bathurst
- Hotels in Bathurst
- Transportation in Bathurst
- Nightlife in Bathurst
- Restaurants in Bathurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bathurst
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bathurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bathurst
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 123 reviews, 306 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 24 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 2 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Satun Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ban Khao Lak Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gold Coast Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern Thailand 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue