"Koh Phi Phi Le" Ko Phi Phi Le by Tina-Perth
Ko Phi Phi Le Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 175 photos
This was a stunning spot. Phi Phi Le is of course where the move "The Beach" with Leonardo di Caprio was filmed in 2000.
A perfectly calm bay which gave us exceptional anchorage for 2 nights. The snorkelling was beautiful here. My partner went diving when we were at the Similans (I didn't go). He says that Maya Bay is better, but I guess that was after the tsunami, so perhaps the Similans were affected.
The island is only very small - 6.6 square kilometres. There isn't too much to see here other than the beautiful Maya Bay (pictured). The other features are the Viking Cave on the north east end of the island and a couple of other bays.
I took this picture through a rock tunnel of a cute little island. This was on the far side of the island from Maya Bay.
- Pros:The beautiful Maya Bay for sheltered snorkelling
- Cons:Not much else here, but definitely worth visiting
Tina-Perth's Related Pages
Ko Phi Phi Le Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Phi Phi Le"
- "Phi Phi Island"
- "Koh Phi Phi Le"
- "Most Enchanting Island in Thailand"
- ""The Beach""
- "Phi Phi"
- "Koh Phi Phi Ley National Marine Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Transportation in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Le
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Le
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Le?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Le
Photos in Ko Phi Phi LeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phuket Intro, 123 reviews, 306 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phnom Penh Intro, 24 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 2 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Satun Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ban Khao Lak Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gold Coast Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern Thailand 6 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue