"Koh Phi Phi Le" Ko Phi Phi Le by Tina-Perth

Ko Phi Phi Le Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 175 photos

Phi Phi Le - Maya Bay

This was a stunning spot. Phi Phi Le is of course where the move "The Beach" with Leonardo di Caprio was filmed in 2000.

A perfectly calm bay which gave us exceptional anchorage for 2 nights. The snorkelling was beautiful here. My partner went diving when we were at the Similans (I didn't go). He says that Maya Bay is better, but I guess that was after the tsunami, so perhaps the Similans were affected.

The island is only very small - 6.6 square kilometres. There isn't too much to see here other than the beautiful Maya Bay (pictured). The other features are the Viking Cave on the north east end of the island and a couple of other bays.

Phi Phi Le

I took this picture through a rock tunnel of a cute little island. This was on the far side of the island from Maya Bay.

• Pros:The beautiful Maya Bay for sheltered snorkelling
  • Cons:Not much else here, but definitely worth visiting
  • Last visit to Ko Phi Phi Le: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2006

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM

This place was amazing, just the colour of the water and the scenery. I would love to have the place to myself, ie. not with the hundreds of other tourists there on the day!

• Apr 14, 2008 at 7:15 AM

My dream is to have a house here and live for all my next life

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 12:35 PM

we passed here on an excursion boat in the early 1990s, long before Leonardo di Caprio even knew where Thailand is ....

Tina-Perth

“Buddies are family”

Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Le

Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Le?

Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Le