"Rhode Island's colonial-era gem" Wickford by mikelisaanna
Wickford Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 127 photos
Wickford is a gem of small town along the water in Rhode Island, and is one of the best-preserved colonial-era towns in New England. It has dozens of old historic houses, churches and other buildings dating back to the 1700s and early 1800s. It also has numerous interesting little shops along its two main streets. Wickford is small enough to be able to toured on foot, so park your car and get out and enjoy a stroll around the town. It will make for a relaxing afternoon and is a good antidote if you af suffering from the tourist crowds and traffic in nearby Newport.
- Pros:Historic buildings, interesting shops, friendly people
- Cons:Not much nightlife
- In a nutshell:A lovely little colonial-era gem of a town
If your kids need a break from sightseeing and shopping in Wickford, try a trip to go candlepin bowling. Candlepin... more travel advice
The Old Narragansett Church is Wickford's oldest church. It was built in 1707 and was moved to its current location... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Wickford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PRECIOUS LITTLE WICKFORD VILLAGE"
- "Roger Williams Was Here"
- "Wickford, The Most Charming Seaport Village"
- "Rhode Island's colonial-era gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wickford
- Hotels in Wickford
- Transportation in Wickford
- Restaurants in Wickford
- Shopping in Wickford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wickford
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Wickford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wickford
Photos in WickfordSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos