"Jamestown, Rhode Island" Jamestown by mikelisaanna
Jamestown Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 47 photos
Jamestown is one of the more interesting towns in Rhode Island. It sits on an island (Conanicut Island) in Narragansett Bay across the water from Newport, its wealthier and more crowded neighbor to the east. Jamestown traces its history back to the 1600s, when English and Dutch settlers began buying land from the native Indians and setting up farms.
For people with a car trying to avoid the high cost of staying in Newport, Jamestown is a pleasant alternative. It is 10 minutes from Newport by bridge, and is much less expensive and also much less crowded.
The Lionel Champlin Guest House is a small reasonably-priced guesthouse located about two blocks from Jamestown's main... more travel advice
Beavertail State Park is a pleasant little state park that occupies the southern end of Conanicut Island. The park... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Jamestown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful Jamestown Island"
- "Diving in Jamestown"
- "Jamestown, Rhode Island"
- "diver-x's Jamestown Page"
- "Jamestown- home base"
- "Where is Jamestown ?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jamestown
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Jamestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jamestown
Photos in JamestownSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos