"Ridgewood, New Jersey" Ridgewood by mikelisaanna
Ridgewood Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 23 photos
Ridgewood is the town where we live. It is located in New Jersey, and is about 25 miles northwest of New York City - close enough that we can easily come into the city on weekends, yet far enough that it is much less hectic and stressful. Ridgewood has a population of approximately 25,000 people. It is an older suburb (by US standards). It was incorporated in 1894, and most of the homes were built before World War II. Ridgewood is best-known for its tree-lined streets and a cute downtown that is about 5 blocks by 2 blocks in size. It is also known for being the restaurant capital of northern New Jersey, with over 50 restaurants.
- Pros:Great schools and restaurants, historic downtown district
- Cons:High taxes, downtown parking can be a problem
- In a nutshell:A very nice town with a lot to offer
Van Neste Square is a small square-shaped park in downtown Ridgewood. At the Western end of Van Neste Square lies... more travel advice
Every year on Memorial Day (last Monday in May), Ridgewood hosts the Fred D'Elia Ridgewood Run, a series of running... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Ridgewood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ridgewood, New Jersey"
- "Ridgewood, NJ"
- "Ridgewood, New York Metro Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ridgewood
- Transportation in Ridgewood
- Nightlife in Ridgewood
- Restaurants in Ridgewood
- Shopping in Ridgewood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ridgewood
- 15 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Ridgewood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ridgewood
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Currency to use and carry..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "The War Memorial in Van Neste Square"
- Wrote a Review The War Memorial in Van Neste Square in Ridgewood Things to Do
- updated a Ridgewood Travel Page "Ridgewood, New Jersey"
- Commented on one of kazander's Ridgewood travel pages
Photos in RidgewoodSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos