"Newark - More Than Just an Airport" Top 5 Page for this destination Newark by mikelisaanna
Newark Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 146 photos
Newark is New Jersey's largest city. The city is known for two things: its huge airport, which serves New York City and Northern New Jersey, and the 1960s riots, which destroyed much of the city and sent it into a long decline from which it is finally recovering. Newark was written off for dead by many in the 1970s and 1980s, but it has experienced a solid turnaround in the past ten years. Although Newark still has many areas in which you would not want to be wandering alone unarmed at night, it also has a number of attractions for tourists, including an excellent museum, a large new performing arts center, one of the largest cathedrals in the US, and the Ironbound Spanish/Portuguese neighborhood, which has a number of very good restaurants. Newark also has the New Jersey Devils, a major league (NHL), ice hockey team and a minor league baseball team, the Newark Bears.
- Pros:Good museum, performing arts center, restaurants, and ice hockey
- Cons:Some tough, crime-ridden neighborhoods
- In a nutshell:More than just an airport
Fornos is one of the best Spanish restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark, which is famous for its many Spanish,... more travel advice
The ironbound section of Newark is the city's Spanish and Portuguese neighborhood. It is also Newark's most popular... more travel advice
mikelisaanna's Related Pages
Newark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Newark - More Than Just an Airport"
- "Newark- A City with Many Appeals!"
- "Well let's go shopping ....."
- "Flying from NY while really in NJ"
- "Newark: The City of New Jersey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newark
- Hotels in Newark
- Transportation in Newark
- Nightlife in Newark
- Restaurants in Newark
- Warnings and Dangers in Newark
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newark
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Newark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newark
- Posted in Travel Moab Forum "Re: Must do's in Moab"
- updated a Newark Travel Page "Newark - More Than Just an Airport"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Newark - More Than Just an Airport"
- Wrote a Review Good Spanish Food in Newark's Ironbound Section in Newark Restaurants
- Commented on one of feline01's Newark travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 56 photos
- Krakow Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 39 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 36 photos
- Guilin Intro, 19 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reunion Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Beijing Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Paducah Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos